CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S350 w220
Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction! (FIXED)

this is after I posted this I Fixed the problem (transmission mount)! After replacing the engine mounts it didn’t go away, but I replaced the transmission mount the next day and the check engine light was still on so I figured it was still a problem but tonight I had noticed it was driving more aggressive and not cutting off so I went to first and from a dig all the way through 1st and 2nd no problem! So the transmission mount set off the code and was the source of my problem!

:I own a clk 350 ‘08 and recently it gave me a transmission range sensor circuit check engine light and it drives perfectly fine except for when I hammer it in 1st or 2nd gear It’ll cut off power after 5k rpm put it in neutral then go back into the next gear, up shift, after a moment of hesitation. Every other gear gives me problems. How and where do I start to fix this problem, should I start outside of the cabin under the car or do I tear apart the interior. I’m hoping people have run into this problem and have solutions and where to look already. I think the problem started when my trans mount went bad but it might now be that however I already replaced the engine mounts and trans mount. Thank you!

Last edited by Elian Moreno; 10-10-2020 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:16 PM

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 E450 AT, 1996 S420, (sold) 2004 CLK320 Convertible (v8, 6 speed)
First of all, I hope i'm wrong and your transmission not as I'll describe here!
Front what I understand the transmission range sensor (y38s1) is located (or a part of) conductor plate (inside the transmission) and can not be replace separately (although I found this, but not sure whether you can trust them). But since a TCU is as part of the conductor plate as well you'll need someone (dealer or independent mechanic with access to Star Diagnostic) who can code new TCU for your car (it's VIN codded).
Options:
1. Prices for new conductor plate are around $700-$900.
2. If you can find a mechanic who knows what AVDI is you can buy used conductor plate and re-code.
3. You can try to find repair service who works with 722.9 conductor plates (I've seen couple of them on eBay)