CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Drivers door keeps unlocking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 08:09 PM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
Drivers door keeps unlocking

I have a 2008 CLK convertible

When I'm sitting in the car, every 5 seconds I can hear the lock clicking. The clicking is the lock actually trying to unlock

If I lock the car from inside, 5 seconds later the drivers door unlocks on its own. If I lock the car from outside, 5 seconds later the drivers door unlocks on its own.

I do have DAS softare which shows no errors in the ignition or door control modules

The only clue it gives is when checking ACTUAL VALUES in the left door module. Its shows SIGNAL CENTRAL LOCKING as NOT OPERATED, then every 5 seconds (along with the dreaded click) the signal changes to OPEN for about a second

Any pointers on where to start looking for the cause of this please?
Old 10-21-2020, 04:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,039 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
There is an issue with the central locking system. You need dealer software to quickly identify the real problem, lock actuator or many other modules in the system
Old 10-21-2020, 05:13 PM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
I do have the dealer software, but its not helping me zero in on the culprit
Old 10-23-2020, 05:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK (W209) 270Cdi 2003
I think it just did...
"...when checking ACTUAL VALUES in the left door module. Its shows SIGNAL CENTRAL LOCKING as NOT OPERATED, then ..."
What do the *other* door modules show, when they are closed and open? More specifically, do they also show "NOT OPERATED" when open? Or do they show "OPEN", or something else?

If I'm right, this value should be either OPEN or CLOSED. Showing "NOT OPERATED" may mean that the door lock, when in closed position, is not transmiting the signal that it is "OPEN" to the locking system.
In that case, I would remove the door card, and try to shower the lock with WD40, while locking and unlocking it manually, and watching the ACTUAL VALUES for it.

Then again, I might be wrong. This is largely guesswork, since I never had issues with the door locks on my CLK. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Old 06-09-2024, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
Did you ever manage to fix your issue? Im running into the same problem and dont know what to do. We checked it for error codes with a Mercedes inspection tool and it doesnt show any errors on the driver door. It just keep trying to open every 5 seconds like yours did. Only my passenger door control unit isnt reachable by the software, but passenger door suprisingly everything works. Even the keyless entry, window and the seat controls. On the drivers door however it keeps doing the unlocking thing every 5 seconds. Everything works, apart from the keyless door handle features, which up until now wasnt a problem for me as I can just unlock and lock it with the key which Im used to from other cars anyway. It locks and unlocks normally through the keyless on the passenger door, the lock button on in the center console and the keyfob. Also tried locking it with the mechanical key, but it keeps unlocking. After disconnecting the battery the problem goes away, but returns over night.