CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clock problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 220 cdi
Clock problem

Hi al have I 2009 clk 220 cdi no command system
I got into the car this morning and the analog clock on the dash has stopped at 10:00, so I go into the settings menu in the dash and change the time to the correct time and press the r button which it asks you to do put it just resets back to 10:00, the hands on the clock then proceed to do a 24 hour movement all the way forward to 10:00 again everything else seems to be working correctly, thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2022, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 CDI AMG
Analogue Clock reset problems W212

Hi, I noticed some other threads on this which were helpful to me. I am new to the forum so hope I have this in the right place and that it might be useful. The only problem is in resolving the issue I did three different things so I cannot be certain which one worked or if indeed problem just resolved itself regardless of my actions. Original problem was effecting analogue clock on my 2014 E250 AMG CDI. This week it suddenly was displaying 3 and a half hours slow but was still working just not keeping time. There was no digital display of the time either in top LHS of Command screen. On my W212 I cannot access clock settings on steering wheel only via Command. All Sat Nav etc and all other functionality working fine at the time. I had changed secondary battery 6 months ago so ruled that out and car had been driven everyday before clock started acting up. In settings on Command, the one setting I wanted access to was Time but it was greyed out so I could not get at it in menus. Here's what I did: For a day while driving around I left Command screen on what would have been a full screen display version of the Clock had I been able to access it. I did this by selecting Consumption display and alternating to the only other display in that mode which is clock so by the nature of the fault this was only displaying a black screen. Numerous starts and restarts of engine failed to display the clock. Switched Radio Unit off before parking car that night. Next day I started car using the spare fob and switched on Radio unit immediately after engine fired. The Command screen came up and was displaying the clock in full screen version. This was the mode I left it in previous night but of course it was just a black screen the day before. This allowed me to quickly get in to the Time menu settings as I didnt know how long I would have and this menu was no longer greyed out like it had been last few days. Once in menu via Command, I changed time and all other parameters and saved. When I first switched car off after issue was resolved the clock did its backwards and forwards thing but reset itself after a minute or two. It has been fine for last two days. Have also gone back to original fob now and all ok. Other threads have suggested this can also come good of its own accord. In summary, either the the change of fob did something, switching radio off the night before rather than removing fob to kill the power played a part, leaving display on full screen Clock so it "booted" to that next day from cold sorted it or it just righted itself over night but it had been misbehaving for the last three days. Hope this is of some use.