CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Rear Engine Noise - Whining

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK 350
Exclamation Rear Engine Noise - Whining

I was on my way home this afternoon, when I changed lanes and accelerated, when doing so I accidentally hit the shift knob and bumped it into Neutral. I let off the gas and put it back in Drive, when I went to accelerate the car shutdown. I put in neutral, restarted the car and the car worked fine, but now there was a loud whining noise and the shift knob has vibrations in it now more than before. I have ruled out the power steering pump pulley and pump. Noise comes on the minute you start the car and while driving it gets louder as your accelerate. The noise sounds like it is coming from mid engine to the Air intake into the engine. Can it be the Torque Converter or a Pulley? I'm at a loss, and I have a Whining Fiance on my back cause it's her car. Please HELP ME!!! I plan to test the engine again tomorrow by taking the serpentine belt off to see if just maybe it is one of the Idle Pulleys, AC Compressor, or Alternator. Car runs fine, no hesitation, no hard shifting, no power surges, but the noise is definitely coming from the engine bay, and can be heard from within the engine compartment.

But if anyone has had this problem, I am all ears.

Thank you,

Luis
Old 11-06-2020, 05:14 PM

Received 238 Likes on 148 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec, 2014 GLK250 Bluetec, 2000 CLK320 Cabrio
Originally Posted by LEFernandez6
I was on my way home this afternoon, when I changed lanes and accelerated, when doing so I accidentally hit the shift knob and bumped it into Neutral. I let off the gas and put it back in Drive, when I went to accelerate the car shutdown. I put in neutral, restarted the car and the car worked fine, but now there was a loud whining noise and the shift knob has vibrations in it now more than before. I have ruled out the power steering pump pulley and pump. Noise comes on the minute you start the car and while driving it gets louder as your accelerate. The noise sounds like it is coming from mid engine to the Air intake into the engine. Can it be the Torque Converter or a Pulley? I'm at a loss, and I have a Whining Fiance on my back cause it's her car. Please HELP ME!!! I plan to test the engine again tomorrow by taking the serpentine belt off to see if just maybe it is one of the Idle Pulleys, AC Compressor, or Alternator. Car runs fine, no hesitation, no hard shifting, no power surges, but the noise is definitely coming from the engine bay, and can be heard from within the engine compartment.

But if anyone has had this problem, I am all ears.

Thank you,

Luis
It looks like you posted the same thing twice - maybe delete one of them. Video of the problem?