CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2008 clk350 convertible rear defrost doesn't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK-350 Convertible
2008 clk350 convertible rear defrost doesn't work

It was not working when we got it, about 4 months ago. I checked the fuses and solenoids, all are good. I tightened the nuts on the window, still not working. One line does sort of work. The bottom one is the only one that tries to defrost the window. So it seems it may just be a bad connection somewhere on the back window, with all the soft top stuff connected. I sprayed contact cleaner in the areas of the nuts that were tightened. Nothing works. Didn't really need it when we first got the car. But now the window is fogged up in the morning. I don't know if the top was replaced at any time before we got the car. It looks like it may be new, so maybe they did something to it when replacing the soft top? IDK
Also wondering if it's normal that the front defrost takes about 20 seconds before it switches over to blow air on the window? The actuators really do seem to take a while to operate. IDK if that's normal or not?