CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK550 Convertible microswitch issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLK550 Cabriolet
CLK550 Convertible microswitch issue

I need some help with identifying which micro switches I need for my cabriolet. In the summer I had it down and when I parked to put it back up, it began acting crazy. I fiddled with it for about 20 minutes until it eventually went down. Once I got home I got it back up but the rear window wouldn’t go down. I got it down. After a few weeks I eventually took the rear hooks off that attached the rear windshield to the back compartment.

I am able to use my convertible but the issue is is now, the rear windshield will not go up or down which stops the top process. What I mean by this is, I have to hold the button. Then go outside the car to lift up the rear windshield in the upright position, once I go inside the car, I can hold the button And it will retract the way it was designed. Same thing with putting the top in it’s closed position. I hold the bottom; the top comes down and latches as designed, the rear compartment closes as designed, but the rear windshield does not go down. I noticed when it initially happened in the summer, the convertible top wouldn’t go up due to rear glass being attached to the back compartment which is why I disconnected the rear hooks.

i thought it may be an s84/18 or 15 due to its location but I’m not a pro in hydraulics but I am in mechanical components so some help would be great from the hydraulic guys.