CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Same size tires on Staggered Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2022 | 08:15 PM

2007 CLK 350 Cabriolet
Same size tires on Staggered Wheels

I have OEM wheels on my 2007 CLK 350 Cabriolet (i.e. wider in rear). The last time I bought tires I put Yoko Tornante 225/45R17 (OEM front tire size) on all four wheels. HERE'S THE KICKER - I've rotated these tires every 5K WITHOUT removing the tires from the rims, i.e. every other rotation the wider wheels are in front. This has greatly increased the mileage I'm getting on a set of tires (currently at 30K with plenty of wear left). I'm not a sports car enthusiast, nor do I drive like one, but I don't notice any difference in how the car handles, rides, brakes, etc. with the larger wheels in front. The dealership does not question this set up when they rotate the tires, so there must not be any clearance/fitting issues in doing this. SO MY QUESTION to the experts on this forum is: what are any know issues with rotating the OEM wheels back-to-front when using the same size tires all around?