CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

SRS/Airbag Control Unit Problem - Replace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2023 | 08:47 AM
Banned

Mercedes CLK
Exclamation SRS/Airbag Control Unit Problem - Replace

Hello forum.

I bought a 2003 CLK 200 in August 2023 with the consequence that it had many electronic errors but great mechanics.
I brought it from Vigo to Seville by road and the truth is not a problem in terms of mechanics, in terms of electrical failures I began to notice that some did not work: Parktronik, air conditioning, the roof opens and remains half open and returns, outside temperature sensor...

The fact is that it was a complicated month due to vacations from my workshop, which I had to wait 20 days for him to return from work. When I arrived I was able to leave the car with him and he did a general mechanical and electrical check with a diagnostic machine.

The error report was little... (irony), it had more than 40 errors between different modules, some we were able to delete, others we found a way to solve them like the Parktronik one but there was a last one that could not be repaired since the mechanic could not It is so technical in switchboards. I am referring to the SRS Control Unit / Module - Airbags.

This control unit has been failing since I bought the car, what's more, they had covered the dashboard lights and no lights came on, neither engine, nor SRS, nor belts... (the dashboard shows me Averia SRS, but the kid He told me that was "seat nonsense" that wouldn't have much of a story)

Well, I left it at a workshop specialized in car electronics and upon looking at it they diagnosed me with a BAD control unit (a repair estimate was made) and the panel with hardly any lights due to covering them.

The end of the issue is that you have to ask me for a NEW and ORIGINAL SRS control unit from Mercedes because it says that they are no longer worth scrapping because they cannot be cloned, you need some car identification codes and only Mercedes does that or something like that (I'm not very understood, sorry).

The new switchboard costs from 700 dollars for then install it and eliminate the faults (it may appear that it has more faults once installed).

My question is, I have seen people online who buy this ECU at a scrapyard and change it and clone the car number so that it works,
Do you know if this is true or if someone did it?