CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2007 CLK550 Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK550 Convertible
2007 CLK550 Motor Mounts

Hello I recently picked up a 2007 Clk550 Convertible. Motor mounts are completely shot (may have been peeling out at every single light). I went ahead and purchased the Black Series OEM Motor mounts as an upgrade. Do you guys think they are worth it or is it just a placebo affect. Anyways I知 here to get some help on the job. What tools will I need? where to jack up the motor, or is it better to use a cherry picker from the top to lift the motor? The order of events (what bolt to loosen first, sequence of steps, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated, I知 somewhat mechanically inclined and want to tackle the job. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I truly do not want to spend $700-1000 for labor costs. There is one video on YouTube but it doesn稚 cover the driver side. And a bunch of people are saying to not jack up from oil pan so I知 very confused.
Old 04-07-2024, 11:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2004 CLK500, 2007 CLK550
Originally Posted by ihatebmw
Hello I recently picked up a 2007 Clk550 Convertible. Motor mounts are completely shot (may have been peeling out at every single light). I went ahead and purchased the Black Series OEM Motor mounts as an upgrade. Do you guys think they are worth it or is it just a placebo affect. Anyways I知 here to get some help on the job. What tools will I need? where to jack up the motor, or is it better to use a cherry picker from the top to lift the motor? The order of events (what bolt to loosen first, sequence of steps, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated, I知 somewhat mechanically inclined and want to tackle the job. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I truly do not want to spend $700-1000 for labor costs. There is one video on YouTube but it doesn稚 cover the driver side. And a bunch of people are saying to not jack up from oil pan so I知 very confused.
OEM is just fine, I order from FCPEuro. Expect to replace them every 30k/40k miles, I'd just lift the engine gently from below.