CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

clk500 sputtering when coming to an idle but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk500
clk500 sputtering when coming to an idle but...

Hoping someone has an idea!! car runs down the road fine and healthy until coming to a stop at a light for example. At the stop it started sputtering and running a little rough until you hit the gas and get moving with no problems til the next stop. Once or twice it idled rough enough to stall but starts back up. I got home ,did some reading up here, and figured it was the EGR valve so I replaced it and still had the same problem but really only when the car got warmed up. So I ordered the camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor (both Bosch). I installed the camshaft sensor and still had the problem when warmed up , so was excited because all posts I read talked about the shaking at idle when the car comes up to temperature was pretty much pointing to the crankshaft sensor. So I swapped that out last night (pain in the butt) and started it up but within 2 minutes of idling in the garage it started shaking intermittently until I hit the gas to straighten out the idle. So Im not sure what to go after at this point . The mass airflow sensor is only 1000 miles old and plugs are fairly new , air filters are new, and air filter housing is seated over the maf sensor correctly. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! By the way I dont see any codes displayed on the dash!!! Not sure if there is a code thrown or not.