CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Intake manifold repair - "brake wear" indication after?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2024, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 280
Intake manifold repair - "brake wear" indication after?!

Hi all,

First post here, but long time lurker as this forum is a veritable gold mine of useful information!

I have a bit of weird problem / question...

I successfully removed, repaired (with X8R parts), and put back together the intake manifold on my 2007 CLK 280 yesterday - other than missing an injector plug the first time of starting up (whoops), everything now seems to be working and running perfectly. EXCEPT... the moment I pulled off the driveway for a test drive and pressed the brake pedal, a "brake wear" notification came up in the centre display.

I initially thought that this was just my typical luck, that after fixing one thing, something else decided it now needed attention too..! But then was thinking that this could be more than a coincidence, if I had missed another plug under the bonnet somewhere for instance.

Had a good look around and revisited the order in which I unplugged everything, and I cannot find anything obviously wrong. Has anyone ever seen this before? Does anyone know if there is a plug under the bonnet for the wear sensors that I might have unplugged or moved?

Many thanks in advance.