CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

EvoSport Pulley with Powerchip??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK, ML
EvoSport Pulley with Powerchip??

Any one here installed EvoSport pulley and PowerChip???

I will get a EvoSport pulley shortly (probably sometime this week), and I also thinking of putting a power ship as well

Are they comparable?? Or the PowerChip is designed for stock pulley only????
Will the PowerChip adapt the pulley automatically?

Any one heard of speedtuningusa.com?
Is their chip has the same quality as PowerChip?
Old 12-08-2004, 01:56 AM

2003 CLK 320
I have the pulley and powerchip. Pulley is good for some horses in lower gears, the powerchip is good for improved throttle response. Overall, a nice improvement for the money. Since you are in Canada maybe you can get better performance out of the chip with higher octane fuels. The best we get is 91 in general. I don't think it matters much if you have the pulley in terms of the software they will download to your car. They recently modified their clk320 software with my car which has the pulley so maybe it already takes it into account. At first I was told having a pulley would not affect it so anyways, maybe the evosport sold powerchip is slightly modified though, not sure. I did do a before and after dyno test, and I need to do another after test to see if the changes they made helped but haven't had the time yet and I changed my wheels to lighter ones so the results would be confounded. Sorry.

Last edited by calboy; 12-08-2004 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I've never read about anyone in this forum with the speedtuning chip, although there is a SL guy that had them chip his car and reported good things. Upsolute also has a chip, as well as Renntech and Kleemann (and probably others).

One thing that I don't like about any of the Benz chips that I've looked into is the lack of dynamic remapping options like you see on some other cars, like the ability to change settings for 91, 94, or full race gas, as well as having a valet mode to limit the top speed and other related settings.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:25 PM

2003 CLK 320
BTW, if you are looking for a dyno in L.A., DC performance has a dynojet and they are terrific. I don't normally shower praise on a company but they have the best customer service I have ever experienced at a car shop. They mostly work on Vipers and dang there are a bunch of monster beauties there but they might be venturing into the Kleeman world so anyways...check them out, also they only charge 75 for three runs and their shop is impeccably clean.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:03 AM

10' C63, 05' SLK55 (sold)
Hey if I put in a new header, do i need to reprogram the chip setting?
Old 12-23-2004, 01:34 AM

C63 AMG (stock right now), Beach Cruiser (debadged), Piper Cherokee 280 (too much to mention)
headers would need a custom chip

if your air fuel ratio changes... you would need custom mapping!

i wouldnt want a lean car... and headers usuallly do it!

i had headers on my M5 and it made mixtures about 14:1 untill i did the Powerchip (evosport)

but im not sure what headers you have on? did you do a dyno? do you have air fuel plots?