CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]
View Poll Results: Which quad exhaust to get?
Carlsson
30.77%
Eisenmann
46.15%
Weltmeister
7.69%
Others (please specify)
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Quad exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad exhaust

Help me vote guys. Looking for the best performance, looks and sound at a reasonable price. I have a full brabus W209. However, I reckon that it is not possible to do quad brabus as they did not sell the exhaust tips According to a friend of mine, eisenmann and weltmeister gives a really nice sound. If anyone has other option, please fell free to chime in
Old 02-17-2005, 08:22 PM

Question...Eisenmann offers a quad exhaust system for a non AMG CLK? Or are you just going to fit addition tips onto the regular exhaust? I'm asking because I was just asking about this last week and was told the 05+ CLK55 Eisenmann exhaust would need HEAVY modification to fit. If you go Eisenmann please let me know how it goes.

As for the voting, something about the Carlsson doesn't really appeal to me and I haven't heard the other one. So I vote for Eisenmann or a custom setup. Kinda biased because this is the same route I am taking. I have a place ready to do it, just need to decide now.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:53 PM

I don't think Eisenmann has a quad exhaust system for W209 but nevertheless it can be done! As for Carlsson or Weltmeister [they use this system for Expression kit], they do have a quad system so there will be no modification needed. It's just plug and play basically. My first option was to go with Brabus quad but Brabus doesn't have the tips of the exhaust for W209 sold by themselves. As of now, I am leaning towards Eisenmann. I think what to do is to buy Eisenmann exhaust [which is dual] and buy additional tips and run a straight pipe through it [If anyone can verify this, it'll be great]. Can you let me know how is your installation going? Also, how much they quote you? Thanks man.

Originally Posted by TMans
Question...Eisenmann offers a quad exhaust system for a non AMG CLK? Or are you just going to fit addition tips onto the regular exhaust? I'm asking because I was just asking about this last week and was told the 05+ CLK55 Eisenmann exhaust would need HEAVY modification to fit. If you go Eisenmann please let me know how it goes.

As for the voting, something about the Carlsson doesn't really appeal to me and I haven't heard the other one. So I vote for Eisenmann or a custom setup. Kinda biased because this is the same route I am taking. I have a place ready to do it, just need to decide now.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:24 AM

Can you let me know how is your installation going? Also, how much they quote you? Thanks man
Sorry, you may have misunderstood me. I am in the process of choosing which route to take. Actually, Eisenmann will have a quad exhaust system for the 209 CLK, BUT it is for the CLK55. I asked Harris already about this and he said it could be done, but ALOT of work. Obviously, the spare tire well needs to be modified, but also the piping too(since it is originally designed for the 55). I don't know the exact cost, but I'm guessing of upwards to $4k.

If you indeed get the dual exhaust Eisenmann and add on the tips, I would be interested to know how much that would run you. That sounds like a good backup. I did not know that they would also just sell the tips by itself.

Lastly, my alternative route is to go custom(which right now looks like the best way). Awhile ago, I posted in the CLK55 AMG forum about a guy in a 209 convertible with quad exhausts. I tracked down the shop he did it at and the guy seems to do pretty good work. He also has a website with pictures, if you want to see. PM me for the info. The quote he gave me on the phone was anywhere from $650 to a little over $1000 (depending on what you want). If you want AMG tips, it will cost you alot more than that.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:58 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
i voted for Eisenmann cuz I have it
I got biggest and loudest one available..its really nice. The sound is really throaty, not like the lawn mower Japanese exhausts. Just gotta break it in.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by AznxKCBoy
i voted for Eisenmann cuz I have it
I got biggest and loudest one available..its really nice. The sound is really throaty, not like the lawn mower Japanese exhausts. Just gotta break it in.
Do you happen to have a clip of your exhaust? I really want to hear how it sounds How much did you pay for your exhaust? So, the exhaust you have is the racing 2 x 83mm?

For those people who voted for carlsson. can you guys verify why you guys choose carlsson over eisenmann? It seems to be very popular.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Here's the eisenmann on my 03 500 http://friscoreef.home.comcast.net/eisenmann.mp3
Old 02-18-2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Frisco
Here's the eisenmann on my 03 500 http://friscoreef.home.comcast.net/eisenmann.mp3
Thx Frisco. Did you get the dual or quad system on your car? How much did you pay for your exhaust system? Btw your car is sicK!
Old 02-20-2005, 01:52 AM

03 CLK55
Thumbs up Sounds great, Frisco!!

Originally Posted by Frisco
Now is that the "Sport Performance" (Or whatever they're calling it now), or "Race" muffler? I'm leaning towards ther former, as the Race system may be too loud. How long has the Eisenmann mufflers been available for the CLKs? I only became aware of it from this thread. I want to check to be sure that no one else is going to release any exhaust any time soon (Aside from Kleemans), but assuming there aren't any, I'll have one within a week or two...

How is the fit and finish by the way? Are the edges of the tips machined in any way, or are they "rough cut", so to speak? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Matt
Old 02-20-2005, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by AMG///Merc
Now is that the "Sport Performance" (Or whatever they're calling it now), or "Race" muffler? I'm leaning towards ther former, as the Race system may be too loud. How long has the Eisenmann mufflers been available for the CLKs? I only became aware of it from this thread. I want to check to be sure that no one else is going to release any exhaust any time soon (Aside from Kleemans), but assuming there aren't any, I'll have one within a week or two...

How is the fit and finish by the way? Are the edges of the tips machined in any way, or are they "rough cut", so to speak? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Matt
Matt, just some information. The exhaust comes in a stainless steel finish & will weigh much less compared to your OEM stock exhaust on your CLK. Also, as for the tips, not sure how I can compare them to what you stated, but they're actually smooth around the edges, and the tips are thew new style which have "Eisenmann" embedded within them.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I got it about a year or so ago, and it was a little over $1k