CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Lorinser Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Lorinser Springs

I just picked up my vehicle from German Autohaus here in Tampa. Among a few other cosmetic upgrades I traded out the H&R springs for a set of Lorinsers...

I must say that although I have upgraded wheels on many of my vehicles, I had always somewhat regretted the 19's on my 55. That is until today. The car sits a little higher than some on this board prefer (a finger or a little less than a finger between wheel and fender) but has the ride quality is amazing.
I live in a historic part of town where there are alot of brick roads and the ride was quite harsh. The car feels as it did when it left the showroom floor (as far as ride quality) and bumps that used to make me shrug, are no longer a concern. I could not be happier.

I have a feeling my 10,000 mile vehicle may be in for quite a bit more use. Ear to ear grin, baby!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Old 05-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W208
Originally Posted by Benzo
I just picked up my vehicle from German Autohaus here in Tampa. Among a few other cosmetic upgrades I traded out the H&R springs for a set of Lorinsers...

I must say that although I have upgraded wheels on many of my vehicles, I had always somewhat regretted the 19's on my 55. That is until today. The car sits a little higher than some on this board prefer (a finger or a little less than a finger between wheel and fender) but has the ride quality is amazing.
I live in a historic part of town where there are alot of brick roads and the ride was quite harsh. The car feels as it did when it left the showroom floor (as far as ride quality) and bumps that used to make me shrug, are no longer a concern. I could not be happier.

I have a feeling my 10,000 mile vehicle may be in for quite a bit more use. Ear to ear grin, baby!
Good for you Benzo.Post some pics so all can check out your 19's.
Rock On!!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W208
Benzo, what spring pads did you run?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:25 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally Posted by Co 55 AMG
Benzo, what spring pads did you run?

I will post photos when I can find my digital camera or borrow someone else's- the car if posted in this forum under title "Photoshop"- you can see the wheels there...

Before the wheels were slightly covered by the fenders- now the gap between the wheel and fender is very fine (whole wheels shows) and looks very clean. Cannot tell you how happy I am. I keep finding excuses to leave the house to take it out for a spin- grocery store twice today and not the one around the corner LOL.

The car is a few years old yet feels brand new. I am not sure about you guys, but every time I get a couple things done- or even get it detailed and fill it up with gas- the sun just seems to be that much brighter... hehehe

As far as the pads, I will give Marlon a call tommorow morning as I completely forgot to ask. When I saw the car I just kept saying, "uh huh", but was thinking, "GIVE ME THE KEYS!" I will let you know tommorow which pads were used front and back.

Best all
Old 05-02-2005, 11:07 PM
DMC

2002 MB CLK55
Lorinser Springs

Benzo from whom did you purchase the springs and did you use your OEM AMG shocks? I had the H & R set up with Koni Adjustables (#2 pad front and #1 pad rear) but went back to stock when I installed 19" 543R HREs. Everytime I hit a dip or depression in the road, the upper, inner surface of the front wheel wells would bottom out on the tires-235 X 35 X19 P-Zeros resulting in a loud rubbing sound. Embarassing! Drove me crazy! I'm now looking for a way to lower the car but not as much as the HRs did. Reads like Lorinser might do the trick.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:25 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally Posted by DMC
Benzo from whom did you purchase the springs and did you use your OEM AMG shocks? I had the H & R set up with Koni Adjustables (#2 pad front and #1 pad rear) but went back to stock when I installed 19" 543R HREs. Everytime I hit a dip or depression in the road, the upper, inner surface of the front wheel wells would bottom out on the tires-235 X 35 X19 P-Zeros resulting in a loud rubbing sound. Embarassing! Drove me crazy! I'm now looking for a way to lower the car but not as much as the HRs did. Reads like Lorinser might do the trick.
I did keep the OEM AMG shocks- I will ghet back to you with the pads tom morning. I can tell you I am more than over-joyed- the ride height is great and the ride is amazing. Too happy. Promise to give up the skins in the morning!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:20 PM
DMC

2002 MB CLK55
Lorinser Springs

Who did you buy the springs from, German Auto House? If so, please provide me with a way by which to contact them. Email or phone # will do. Thank you. DMC
Old 05-03-2005, 10:13 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally Posted by DMC
Who did you buy the springs from, German Auto House? If so, please provide me with a way by which to contact them. Email or phone # will do. Thank you. DMC
Yes, I sure did. Ask for Marlon- really great guy- (813) 885-7911. He is able to get parts very quickly and he is very competitive/reasonable in pricing.

Best of Luck,
Mitch
Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Originally Posted by DMC
ps When you call feel free to ask him which pads he used for my springs. (my name is Mitch) I meant to find out for you today but I was putting out fires all day at the office. Sorry about that. I did manage an almost 2 hour joy ride after work... I think you will be very happy with this set-up. I never thought 19"s could be so smooth- I have driven my car more in the last two days than in the last two months. Couldn't be happier.