CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Saw this 2002 Black on Black CLK55 Cabrio on the net (Cheap) - Not an advertisement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No longer car shopping...
Saw this 2002 Black on Black CLK55 Cabrio on the net (Cheap) - Not an advertisement

After a long discussion with my wife over the weekedn, we set a limit of $36K for this "toy. However, bidding has now exceeded that figure so I thought I would share the details with the forum in the event anyone here is interested. The site is Bid4assessts.com and they liquidate drug-seized property. The current bid is $38,500 and is probably about as high as it's going to get. If anyone here is interested, it could be a GREAT buy. The inspection period is over and I id not attend it so the only information you have is what you see on the site. Do not use ANY of my information in making a bid (warranty dates, etc) as all I have is a few emails and no official documentation on the actual vehicle. The site DOES require a specific payment procedure and there is significant paperwork that you would need to do but if you want a bargain... This may be a great way to do it. PS - I DO know of one guy that does NOTHING but buy cars like this from these sites and resells them to the public. He makes a LOT of money doing this and said that he would resell this in the open market for about $50K so at today's current level it appears that there is still $12K of profit for guys like him should he end up being the winning bidder. I'd (and he) would rather see a true enthusiat own it so bid if you are so inclined.

http://www.bid4assets.com/auction/in...ctionid=184554
Old 06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
IMHO, not worth the risk!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:15 PM

Not much risk if the cars in good shape

What rik are you talking about? If you have a chance to inspect it, it's just like any other deal. Only difference is that the car was confiscated from a drug dealer. It's not like the ex-owner is going to track you down afterwards or anything. Sure, there's a little paperwork getting the new clean title but if you can save 10 grand, it's probably worth it IMHO.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
didn't you say "inspection period is over". to me that's a HUGE risk to anyone buying a used car. it may cost you more than the 10k you "just saved", not including the headaches and time wasted.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by jtc55
didn't you say "inspection period is over". to me that's a HUGE risk to anyone buying a used car. it may cost you more than the 10k you "just saved", not including the headaches and time wasted.
Sorry I mis-read your statement earlier. Yes, the inspection period is over and there is risk associated with having not seen it but you may be able to get some information from the auction site (Like if it runs, VIN #'s, etc) and this is still an IN WARRANTY car so any issues could be taken directly to your local Benz dealer. But is still a little risky. BTW - They recently sold a 2003 CL55 form this same site for $68K about three weeks ago so one of the reasons I put this out there is so that other enthusiat could add the site to their favorites and check in now and then. If you see something early enough, you could inspect the vehicle prior to the bidding.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Banned

05 C230 SS, 04 CLK55 Cabrio
I wouldnt do it
Old 06-06-2005, 04:11 PM

AMAZING.....Someone paid retail for it...

It went for $49,100. That is $2K MORE than private party Excellent condition from KBB retail. The buyer must think that their is more stashed in that car than steel and plastic in order to have offered so much. unreal.