CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Complete tuned exhaust systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 CLK 55
Complete tuned exhaust systems

...Maybe Ben can give me a hand with this; Besides MKB, whose system I've seen on their site, what are the other alternatives to MKB? I'm looking for a complete system from the block down,(headers, cats, muffler,etc) that is not going to be too loud, as increased noise is not what I'm looking for. Pricing would be appreciated. (ball park numbers would be acceptable.) Also, if anyone knows of a good shop to do the installation in the S.F. bay area, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the input.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:48 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Re: Complete tuned exhaust systems

Originally posted by Brian Yee
...Maybe Ben can give me a hand with this; Besides MKB, whose system I've seen on their site, what are the other alternatives to MKB? I'm looking for a complete system from the block down,(headers, cats, muffler,etc) that is not going to be too loud, as increased noise is not what I'm looking for. Pricing would be appreciated. (ball park numbers would be acceptable.) Also, if anyone knows of a good shop to do the installation in the S.F. bay area, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the input.
I don't think that Bengy CAN give you a hand since Ben used to have RB Teck and can't hear very well after that. He has changed the mufffffler since but the damage has been done.....
Old 07-18-2002, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Lol...yeah, his RB Tech exhaust sound more like a mustang then a Mercedes. I remember the meeting at Ervine Sprectrum, people actually were laughing at his exhaust system sound.
Old 07-18-2002, 02:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian,

It's funny that a thread about exhaust is filled with noise. We're actually making a complete exhaust system for my car right now. Hopefully, after testing is complete, it will be available to the public around September.

This exhaust system will not be too loud, but will definitely sound better (not to mention gain approx 20HP). We also have an affiliate shop in Mountain View, that can do the installation for you. Feel free to email me, or wait until I post more information as it becomes available.

Thanks

Ben
Old 07-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by Mach430
Brian,

It's funny that a thread about exhaust is filled with noise. We're actually making a complete exhaust system for my car right now. Hopefully, after testing is complete, it will be available to the public around September.

Ben

Thank God!! COngratulations on your new exhaust. Hello?? Bengy!!
Can you hear me??
Old 07-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by linh
Lol...yeah, his RB Tech exhaust sound more like a mustang then a Mercedes. I remember the meeting at Ervine Sprectrum, people actually were laughing at his exhaust system sound.
Yep--"live and learn" is Bengies moto in life. How hard were people loughing? On the scale from 1 to 10?