CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Will 19" Brabus V w/ 35 offset and no spacers work upfront?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Will 19" Brabus V w/ 35 offset and no spacers work upfront?

Thinking about purchasing a set of older Brabus Mono V 19" 2 piece 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. I was wondering if the front with 35mm offset would fit without spacers, because the wheels do not come with spacers and only hub-centric rings. Our current 17" wheels have an offset of 37mm. Do you guys think I will have an issue? Anyone else running custom wheels with 35mm ofset and no spacers without issues? TIA
Old 11-19-2005, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
I forget the offset of my current wheels, but I'm sure you're aware that you should sway away from using spacers up front if all possible.

You will start to have a lot of wheel vibration, especially at high speeds.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 GL450, 2009 G55 Mocha Black with Cognac Interior, 08 911 Turbo Cab, 08 CLK63 Black Series
I know that unlike the regular CLKs, the 55 comes with rolled fenders, I don't think it would be an issue. Best thing to do is call Brabus directly and ask them, they have all this in writing already.

Learso
Old 11-20-2005, 05:56 AM

Uber 202
Originally Posted by 55 ON IT
I forget the offset of my current wheels, but I'm sure you're aware that you should sway away from using spacers up front if all possible.

You will start to have a lot of wheel vibration, especially at high speeds.
I dont think you're aware. It only vibrates/shakes at usually 50-60 mph if you use a non hubcentric spacer. Most/all Brabus wheel/s use a Brabus hubcentric spacer if its necessary. They made 2 versions of the mono V, old school and the newer rear hub design. If its the older one, you'll need the Brabus centering ring or spacer before you put it on the car or it will not be hubcentric and it will shake/vibrate. They also made 2 different centering rings as well, one is plastic and the other is metal/aluminum. If it's a newer made mono V, you dont need a centering ring, only a Brabus spacer if necessary for brake clearance of desired flushness. If you're not sure which one you have, take a picture of the inside of the rim and i can tell you.

Last edited by MikeL; 11-20-2005 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:53 PM

W208 CLK55K, GTR, RS5
Originally Posted by MikeL
I dont think you're aware. It only vibrates/shakes at usually 50-60 mph if you use a non hubcentric spacer. Most/all Brabus wheel/s use a Brabus hubcentric spacer if its necessary. They made 2 versions of the mono V, old school and the newer rear hub design. If its the older one, you'll need the Brabus centering ring or spacer before you put it on the car or it will not be hubcentric and it will shake/vibrate. They also made 2 different centering rings as well, one is plastic and the other is metal/aluminum. If it's a newer made mono V, you dont need a centering ring, only a Brabus spacer if necessary for brake clearance of desired flushness. If you're not sure which one you have, take a picture of the inside of the rim and i can tell you.
When ever you have any type of spacer up front there will be more wheel vibration versus a wheel made for your car with the correct offset and no spacer period. That was the point I was trying to make.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Originally Posted by MikeL
Thank you, I´m glad I found who knows exactly what I´m talking about. These are the old school rims, with 35mm offset. The wheels have the hubcentric rings, the plastic red ones. Brabus recommends 5mm spacer upfront for those exact wheels and w209, but currently Brabus does not have any old spacers left, not until the end of the year. What I need to know is if the 5mm spacers are necessary if the wheel´s offset is 35mm. I basically need to know if I can fit the front wheels on without that 5mm spacer and not hit the calipers.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:39 PM

Uber 202
Yes, they will clear. I had old school Brabus multi-mono V's before and had BBK. They cleared on my W202 and when I sold them to my friend with a W203 C55 (which is the samething as a W209), they also cleared the BBK without spacer. Just 35mm offset. The only reason you would have to use the 5mm spacer is if you wanted it to be more flush, other than that, you're good togo.