CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Guess they really only sold 525 of these!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of them, as much as I can...
Guess they really only sold 525 of these!

At the MBCA Sea Level Concours 'de Elegance and Popular Car (like a People's Choice)show this weekend, I WON the "modern cabriolet" class. hehe, I was the only car in it! That 525 number from MBUSA must be accurate. But then again, CLK430 and 320 cabs would qualify...
But I also won the coveted "Most Popular Car" award. Now, there were about 25 cars there. Great feeling and a boost to our "Pride of Ownership".
I was given tips by a Porche concourse judge so I washed and used Armor All inside the wheel wells, I used a lint brush on the soft top, waxed and polished inside all door sills including hinges and crevices, of course after a thorough wash and wax and vacuum. I also used Meguaire's detailer spray wax then polish with terry towels and finally a chamois at the show itself. No, I didn't use q-tips on the tire treads!

David (Periokid) won his class with his SLK32AMG. That is really a sweet little monster of a car. He had stiff competition, grouped into the SLs!

A lot of sweat for 2 little plaques but it was worth it.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Congratulations!

I have always used the MBCA concours events to provide the extra motivation I need to keep my daily driver (300CE) in top shape.....justifies all the hard work