CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Such thing as a CLK320 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230K Sport Sedan in Brilliant Silver/Black
Always this divide over whether to use badges such as AMG, Lorinser, Brabus, etc. (do two of these companies even offer engine mods? Shows how much I know/care about modding, haha) if nothing in the engine is actually modified by said companies. When you think about it, though, does it really matter? Someone who had a car with just the AMG badges but not the engine doesn't harm the prestige of a real AMG car, anyway. To each his own. No one can regulate the use of badges on people's non-AMG cars. Put whatever badges you want on your car, just be prepared for these arguments!

By the way, I personally wouldn't put AMG badging on my car because it's not an AMG. That's just me, though.

Ah well..

That said, the red car with the Lorinser and AMG badging is awful. From the chrome around the tail lights to the awful body kit.. it's just plain bad. Then again, I guess someone out there likes it--the owner.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:46 AM

'06 CLK200 Cabrio & 04' Peugeot 307
Originally Posted by AMG_55
no its not ok.
unless u have for example; suspension, brakes and wheels, then maybe.
just wheels its not ok, or wheels and a body kit.
there has to be some mechanical/performance part
yes, that wasn't what I meant, I mean "just a wheel".. I have the amg pack, thats why I was thinking about it.. but, IMHO , I m not sure the engine is a must... I mean it is still "modified by AMG".. beside, I have AMG carved on my wheels already... that doesn't mean I can't use them if I don't have the engine...

@ hellcat... it wasnt me , I m just a new member
Old 02-13-2006, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by OnyxCLK
I have the amg pack, thats why I was thinking about it.. but, IMHO , I m not sure the engine is a must...

Trust us........it is.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Amy_fl
When you think about it, though, does it really matter? Someone who had a car with just the AMG badges but not the engine doesn't harm the prestige of a real AMG car, anyway.
It is retarded. case closed. Its not an AMG...get over it. If you didn't get an AMG sticker on your car when you bought it, then you shouldn't be allowed to put one on it. And I'm not talking about retarded dealerships putting the sticker on for you.
If AMG didn't touch your car then don't put the badge on it.
Just because you have AMG wheels doesn't mean your car was "enhanced" by AMG. it means thats what mercedes put on there.....not AMG.

Why are some people so stupid?

I saved long and hard to get myself a CLK AMG. If I wanted to take the cheap and easy way out, I would've bought a CLK500 and put an AMG badge on it. Who would I be fooling? Nobody....just myself and stupid people that don't know what AMG means. It means something to me having that badge on my car. It means I worked hard for that. And when some retard can badge his POS car with AMG it fires me up!!!!!

Posers!
Old 02-13-2006, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I just realized that I have chrome AMG valve caps on my tires.

But blame it on Sbarsap!! I bought the wheels from him!!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
I understand that you worked hard for that 55 and I completely respect that, but you need to relax. People do it for fun, just adding some parts and badging the car by the manufacturer who made those parts. Think about it, people who have Brabus aesthetic modifications badge their cars a Brabus. When they have engine modifications, they combine the badge identifying the engine along with the Brabus badge. No one is changing the model of the car...did I badge mine a 60 or 73? No.

I really would not care is someone with an SL320 removed their badges and put V12 badges on their car...so what? They did it, ok. Let them have some fun. I may have a small laugh if I ever saw that, but in no way will ever I shun or hate a person for that.

HLG
Old 02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by HLG600

I really would not care is someone with an SL320 removed their badges and put V12 badges on their car...so what? They did it, ok. Let them have some fun. I may have a small laugh if I ever saw that, but in no way will ever I shun or hate a person for that.

HLG
I won't hate them...but I will laugh my @ss off at them.
I will also be angry for them watering down the AMG name!
Old 02-24-2006, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
In Asia and Europe, there are CLK320 AMGs

Mercedes-Benz sells cars all over the planet. Outside the US, there are more variations to the CLK320 than just 1. For instance, Elegance, Avantgarde and AMG edition.

In Japan, the CLK320 with the AMG does exists and merely signifies that the CLK320 has the AMG body kit and 17" Alloy wheels. The engine is still the 3.2L V6 with 220 hp, same as here in the US. If you opt to get the kit/wheels, it will come with the badge.

Here in the States, there is only the CLK55 AMG. There are no CLK320 AMGs, CLK430 AMGs, Avantgarde or Elegance editions.

I know it's funny that way, but there you go!
Old 02-24-2006, 05:32 PM

'06 C230, '02 CLK55 (sold)
Wow... I thought it was bad with STi Subaru... The STi owners called them one thing... Abortions! you can't polish a terd!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW 318is (E36)
You guys are not gonna believe this but yesterday I saw a red hyundai hatchback with C230 AMG markings! LOL! Not only does a C230 AMG not exist but they were on a freaking $10,000 HYUNDAI! I was so pissed off at the guy, and my friend's mom who was driving us to his house actually said "so is that a Mercedes knock off or what?" I was laughing so hard...on the inside of course.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Stiggs
It is retarded. case closed. Its not an AMG...get over it. If you didn't get an AMG sticker on your car when you bought it, then you shouldn't be allowed to put one on it. And I'm not talking about retarded dealerships putting the sticker on for you.
If AMG didn't touch your car then don't put the badge on it.
Just because you have AMG wheels doesn't mean your car was "enhanced" by AMG. it means thats what mercedes put on there.....not AMG.

Why are some people so stupid?

I saved long and hard to get myself a CLK AMG. If I wanted to take the cheap and easy way out, I would've bought a CLK500 and put an AMG badge on it. Who would I be fooling? Nobody....just myself and stupid people that don't know what AMG means. It means something to me having that badge on my car. It means I worked hard for that. And when some retard can badge his POS car with AMG it fires me up!!!!!

Posers!
Exactly! HLG was trying to convince people on the CLK500 forum that's it's ok his car has the AMG badge on it because he has AMG wheels and accessories. My CLK500 comes with AMG wheels, and by no means do I see it right to put an AMG badge on my car.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
It would be like saying you have a CLAYMJ 55 - know what I mean....
Old 02-27-2006, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
I know exactly what you mean, bud.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I did a google before I posted this. There were a few of these for sale in the UK.