CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Report on Fuzion + Axis wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 CLK 320, 2000 GSXR 750
Unhappy Report on Fuzion + Axis wheels

Well fellow MB'rs, it has been a while since I visited. So here it goes...

1. I have now gotten about 20K on my Fuzion 235 /35 x 19 tires on a set of Axis 7's with the max lip option (means I can get away with 8.5 rims and still have the staggered look).

2. Additionally I have the speedybenz dog bones and KMAC front kit, also aftermarket springs and shocks.

3. Recently I took off the wheels and tires because I saw an interesting problem, the front inside edge of the tire (both fronts only) was COMPLETELY grooved by the upper bolt from the ball joint (and nut). This pisses me off since I spent so much money trying to get the camber right in the first place. Now that I have that right, I have this bolt and nut cutting a 1/2" deep and 1/2" wide groove all the way past the wire mesh built into the tire. Besides this the tires were holding up fine. Infact I am told I was probably running like that for months. Talk about FREAKING out...One blow out is manageable but both fronts...that aint right!!!

Question
How are the rest of you dealing with 19" rims with the correct offsets? I am running spacers in the rear but none needed in the front. Is this an offset issue?

Thanks and these Fuzion X series tires rock...the rims have held up surprisingly well with all of the crap I put them through...

Cheers,
Ben
Old 04-06-2006, 01:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by benzinoben
... Recently I took off the wheels and tires because I saw an interesting problem, the front inside edge of the tire (both fronts only) was COMPLETELY grooved by the upper bolt from the ball joint (and nut). This pisses me off since I spent so much money trying to get the camber right in the first place. Now that I have that right, I have this bolt and nut cutting a 1/2" deep and 1/2" wide groove all the way past the wire mesh built into the tire. Besides this the tires were holding up fine. Infact I am told I was probably running like that for months. Talk about FREAKING out...One blow out is manageable but both fronts...that aint right!!!
So you're saying the rim center is too far in? 235mm tires up front are -not- too wide to be causing this. Sounds like you're running the wrong offset and need like a 10mm or "something" spacer in the front. The correct size spacer would be the length in mm from the inside edge of the tire to the outside edge of the bolt rub + a few mm.