CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Mercedes doesn't cover condensation after a year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boxster
Mercedes doesn't cover condensation after a year?

Mercedes doesn't cover condensation after a year? Is this true or is my dealer giving me BS

They claim it's wear and tear item?

The driver side view mirrow blinks has condensation after rain. Anybody else notice/have same problem?
Old 03-30-2006, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
My side view mirror blinkers have done that after I wash the car since I've owned it. I've asked the dealer about it in the past and he said it was normal. Something about the blinkers are not air tight and are not suppose to be....they are allowed to let air and moisture in. Sounds retarded to me but it usually goes right away after I wash the car. Nothing bad has happened in three years....yet.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:11 AM

Boxster
That is so retarted. I wonder if the 06's are like that?

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Do you have condensation all the time, or just when its raining or washed?
I thought the same way as you did....I was ready to get them changed under warranty, but dealer said it was normal so there was no warranty issue.
I have yet to blow out a bulb, so I figure it is normal?

How do you like your car so far?
Old 03-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Boxster
OFF topic time....

The standrad mode for the trans can be smarter. But I came from a total sports car (Evolution MR) to a total luxuary car. I guess I want it all from total comfort to extreme performance.

This is the best highway vehicle I have ever owned. Better than my M3 but the handling and driver feel can be improved.

For the prestige and class it ranks close to my NSX in terms of attention. I wanted to try something new since my GF left me shortly after our enguagement. It was quite bothersome and getting a different car helps.

I aways wanted to try a benz and I figure it would look better and makes me look more mature for first dates since I still get carded for over 18 movies at time .
Old 03-30-2006, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
You are right about highway driving. There is nothing like going 70mph and punching it up to 100mph! It feels like she will never stop pulling!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK55
I have the condensation too and I have been told that is normal, I doubt it is normal but havent had problems.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:49 PM

None
Hey i have a 2003 clk500 and had condensation in my passenger side mirror blinker and my delear replaced it under warranty
Old 04-06-2006, 11:07 PM

No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by gixxer
OFF topic time....

The standrad mode for the trans can be smarter. But I came from a total sports car (Evolution MR) to a total luxuary car. I guess I want it all from total comfort to extreme performance.

This is the best highway vehicle I have ever owned. Better than my M3 but the handling and driver feel can be improved.

For the prestige and class it ranks close to my NSX in terms of attention. I wanted to try something new since my GF left me shortly after our enguagement. It was quite bothersome and getting a different car helps.

I aways wanted to try a benz and I figure it would look better and makes me look more mature for first dates since I still get carded for over 18 movies at time .

Sorry to hear your GF left you. Was she a spelling or grammer teacher?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:36 PM

Boxster
Originally Posted by ndabunka
Sorry to hear your GF left you. Was she a spelling or grammer teacher?
Wow, you’re pretty harsh. I’m lucky that I could still type with that kind of trauma happening to me. I really didn’t expect this kind of maturity level on this forum.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by gixxer
Wow, you’re pretty harsh. I’m lucky that I could still type with that kind of trauma happening to me. I really didn’t expect this kind of maturity level on this forum.
Don't be put off. Usually its the off topic forum that has all the wise asses. Thats where I am mostly!
You can't beat this place for the info you get. No matter how crappy the off topic area can get.....at least I know I can come here and get some good knowledge about my car.