CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Had fun with an E55k today....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006 | 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Had fun with an E55k today....

....we were up on the highway, and I passed him...a bit later, I saw him hop on it a bit, and then he let off....at this point, he was probably 4-500 ft or so back, and I thought "what the hell", so when an opening presented itself, I hopped on it. He did too, but of course by the time he reacted to my stomping it and his car engaged, etc. I had a 1.5-2 second jump on him, so no way was he going to catch up. He didn't, of course, and gave up...but a bit later he got up right behind me a bit later in an exit lane, for...ROUND TWO!!!

Which I promptly blew!!

Wasn't even a run...Einstein here decided to go into manual mode, as we were going about 55 and I didn't think it'd downshift in auto mode if I just stomped it, plus there was a car in front of me & only the left lane was open. My plan was to get the jump again (yeah, I know, but it's the only way I'd have a chance! ), and then hop into the left lane to score one last tweak-the-E55-dude get-the-big-jump surprise, but after I stomped on it, I FORGOT TO SHIFT (actually the best way to do it when you're close to redline like that is to bump the shifter *as soon* as you hit the throttle, and then it will just upshift as normal at redline), so kapow, I'm suddenly hitting an electronically-induced brick wall, bouncing off the rev-limiter, which distracts me, so I end up stuck in my lane with him zipping by on the left!!

Grr...I figured that first run annoyed him a bit as he had a passenger and was probably telling 'em beforehand that he'd waste me (which of course he would have if we'd both hopped on it at the same time ), and I got greedy & went for the double-tweak, but fargin' botched it!! Dang it....

Still, it was fun, and I LOVE the exhaust sound on those babies.
Old 06-23-2006 | 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
DOH!

There's no room in ATL anymore....the roads are too crowded! But, you have inspired me to take a drive to the North GA mountains this weekend
Old 06-23-2006 | 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Chappy
DOH!

There's no room in ATL anymore....the roads are too crowded! But, you have inspired me to take a drive to the North GA mountains this weekend
Have fun!! Only mountains I get to see around here are in pictures, unless I visit the local titty bar, lol....
Old 06-25-2006 | 01:35 PM

Okay, so you're tied, better than losing twice. But the important thing is you had fun.
Old 06-25-2006 | 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by mcbaes72
Okay, so you're tied, better than losing twice. But the important thing is you had fun.
Yeah, but I'm an **** perfectionist, and very competitive on top of that.

But it was fun, that's for sure!