CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

My CLK43K is now up in the Evosport photo gallery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 06:19 PM
DMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 MB CLK55
Question Kleemann vs Renntech

Mach 430, I have a '02 CLK 55 and I'm comtemplating supercharging it. Your posts indicate you went with Kleemann. Can you tell me why you went with Kleemann versus Renntech? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kleemann offers a better package. For less money, you get a better supercharger and intercooler than that of AMG (which Renntech uses). The CLK55 will get 550HP at only .5 bar. You will not find another tuning company that can provide similar power at .5 bar. Even Mercedes has to run more boost on their new 55k motors, just to get 500hp... To me, Kleemann offers the best performance, quality, and reliability. And they are cheaper than the competitors.

I'm local to you, if you'd like to meet up and see the Kleemann Supercharger on my car, feel free to give me a call or email.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 02-09-2003, 09:57 PM
DMC

2002 MB CLK55
Ben thanks for the info. I will be contacting you in the very near future. You mentioned 500 HP. How much HP at the rear wheels? Who did your installation-EvoSport? My last conversation with Mr. Vanos indicated EvoSport was in the process of setting up a shop in Huntington Beach. Has this project been completed? If so the address? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
DMC,

Just so there is no mis-understanding, I wanted to let you know that Mach works for us (evosport). His car is our 208 demo/show car and is in fact a rolling test-bed!

The Huntington Beach location is running (temporarily as we are preparing to move to a new and larger location in OC). We have done quite a few Kleemann installs at this location over the last year!

Feel free to contact Mr.Vanos to continue your conversations! He is out of town this week, but is available via e-mail!

Thanks

Brad