CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

M3 cab vs CLK 55 cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 02:51 PM
jackbovegsha

M3 cab vs CLK 55 cab

which one's best? I prefer the looks and build quality of the M3 but what do you guys think? My one at the moment is below but I am changing it to the Phoenix Yellow with the new widescreen TV @ the front (if i do buy the BM)
Old 09-07-2002, 03:45 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Re: M3 cab vs CLK 55 cab

Originally posted by jackbovegsha
which one's best? I prefer the looks and build quality of the M3 but what do you guys think? My one at the moment is below but I am changing it to the Phoenix Yellow with the new widescreen TV @ the front (if i do buy the BM)
Phoenix yellow is the best and more special color for the M3. If it's me i would go with the M3 convertible because of the price difference. The CLK55 convertible will cost almost 90k.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:49 PM
krm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: M3 cab vs CLK 55 cab

Originally posted by jackbovegsha
My one at the moment is below but I am changing it to the Phoenix Yellow with the new widescreen TV @ the front (if i do buy the BM)
I would go for the M3 for the very reason Frank stated. You can use the difference in money on mods and so forth.

Not sure if you were referring to an aftermarket Video unit as replacement of the NAV option, but the 16:9 wider screen NAV had been optional for the E46 M3 since MY '02. For MY '03, the NAV system will be DVD-based retaining the same screen size.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:45 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
actually if anyone would compare the M3 with the CLK55. the M3 would definitely be the choice doesn't matter if it was a couple or convertible. Mainly because of the price difference and because of two car is in the different catagory. How do one compare a V8 against a I-6. There are only few cars that from BMW and MB that can be compared directly, such as the M5/E55, ML55/X5 4.6, M roadster/SLK32, Z8/SL55. other than those, there is really no compareson for their other sports models. The S55, CL55, M3, CLK55, and the C32 all have their own catagories.

so, for that reason, i would pick the M3 since it's cheaper compare to the CLK55
Old 09-11-2002, 08:06 PM

Frank, this isn't entirely directed at you, I heard it from others before. But how does engine size place cars into different categories? I'm not a moterhead but I would think there are numerouse other factors that would decide which category a car would fit in.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:09 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by nubomb
Frank, this isn't entirely directed at you, I heard it from others before. But how does engine size place cars into different categories? I'm not a moterhead but I would think there are numerouse other factors that would decide which category a car would fit in.
i guess the number of cyclinder would not be much of the factor, but the price would be a great factor. I think that the M3 would be closer to the catagory as the C32, although C32 is a sedan.

I'm not even sure that when the new 6-series come out, it will be a competitor for the CL or the CLK. I think unless BMW bring out some 5-series coupe that is smaller than the 6, and bigger than the 3, the CLK will not have a direct competitor from BMW. Same goes for the M3, if C-class does not come out with a true C-class coupe, the M3 won't have a direct competitor from MB.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:15 PM

'02 CLK 55 cabrio (sold), '03 C32 (sold), '04 R32 (sold), '04 911/X-51 (keeper)
M3 vs 55 cab

I drove them both at the same dealership and bought the benz. There are almost too many reasons to list. And with the discount, mine was around $76k, not $90k. The benz is far more sophisticated. Drive both cars back to back and I think most people where see and feel why the AMG is worth the additional money. But hey, that is just me. One final thought: there are maybe 800 55 cabs in the country, how many M3 cabs? Possibly five times that many. Exclusivity is worth something.