CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

iforged wheels 19 for clk55 amg feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 55
The last two pics . . . .
Attached Thumbnails iforged wheels 19 for clk55 amg feedback-car-006.jpg   iforged wheels 19 for clk55 amg feedback-car-007.jpg  
Old 01-19-2007, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Lookin good!!!

How is the ride now, did you get that shudder all balanced out?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM

clk 55
Wink iforged conclusion

Its been more than a month I havehad my iforged variants and was really pissed at first to know they were not hubcentric and all but I have to say now with time and use they ride as good as any HRE or any other well known brand and I love the way they look. Overall I would say a 9 out of ten for me and Im not an easy person to please. Lesson #1 learnt just make sure those hub rings sit tight on the bore before they seat the rim on . Lesson#2, make sure they use the 7900 GSP machine to balance the tires. lesson#3 test the balanced wheels at 60mph or over on a highway. Lesson#4 Goodyear Eagle F1 is a super tire I would say atleast as good as a Pzero Rosso. Lesson #5 It better if the wheels are hubcentric to begin with but if they aint. Its not the end of the world.................
Old 02-02-2007, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
18 G550, 18 C350e
Originally Posted by wizardofoz4u
Its been more than a month I havehad my iforged variants and was really pissed at first to know they were not hubcentric and all but I have to say now with time and use they ride as good as any HRE or any other well known brand and I love the way they look. Overall I would say a 9 out of ten for me and Im not an easy person to please. Lesson #1 learnt just make sure those hub rings sit tight on the bore before they seat the rim on . Lesson#2, make sure they use the 7900 GSP machine to balance the tires. lesson#3 test the balanced wheels at 60mph or over on a highway. Lesson#4 Goodyear Eagle F1 is a super tire I would say atleast as good as a Pzero Rosso. Lesson #5 It better if the wheels are hubcentric to begin with but if they aint. Its not the end of the world.................
I agree with your comments on the Eagle F1, GSP Hunter machine (ONLY ONLY if they know how to use it), and testing the car at speeds higher than 60mph (on the track of course)

-H-
Old 02-02-2007, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its been more than a month I havehad my iforged variants and was really pissed at first to know they were not hubcentric and all but I have to say now with time and use they ride as good as any HRE or any other well known brand and I love the way they look. .

They are nothing Like HRE Quality, I got to see the people who put the Iforged wheels together, and it looked like a chinese sweat shop.

I Bet HRE employees at least have a green card.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430

Glad to hear it... I was thinking of getting some metal hub rings to use, what do you think?

And I do believe I will have the dealership mount and balance the wheels, they seem to do a fair share of aftermarket wheels.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G63, 360CS, CLK63 BS, 997.2TT, 328D
I have had both HRE's and Iforged they both are of the same quality IMO and both can and will bend if you hit a pothole, I have even cracked an HRE! Both of them will stand behind there product and the IForged are about half the price of HREs so it all come down to preference. If you have to have HREs spend the money and get them they do get more respect but you sure do pay for it, and if your ok with HRE look alikes with the same quality go for the Iforged both look amazing and you wont be dissapointed!

Justin
Old 02-07-2007, 12:36 AM

CLK 430
I got my iforgeds back in August and im having no complaints..
Old 02-08-2007, 02:51 PM

clk 55
Nice bling!!!!!!!! What do you use for polishing? Do you have a clear coat? They sure seem to shine like chrome ............. VERY NICE
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM

clk 55
Agreed All The Way
Old 02-08-2007, 02:59 PM

clk 55
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster

They are nothing Like HRE Quality, I got to see the people who put the Iforged wheels together, and it looked like a chinese sweat shop.

I Bet HRE employees at least have a green card.
I think Iforged are just as good if the wheel is made hubcentric like for a ferrari for instance. No one cares what the shop looks like if they know what theyer doing. I can give you a hundred examples where people do a better job without a green card.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:16 PM

clk 55
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
Glad to hear it... I was thinking of getting some metal hub rings to use, what do you think?

And I do believe I will have the dealership mount and balance the wheels, they seem to do a fair share of aftermarket wheels.
If you have not bought the wheels yet then try to go hubcentric for MB bore size. Why open up a whole new can of worms when you can do without it. But if you already have the wheels, no big deal get the steel rings if you want or the polymere ones they are just as good. Just make sure they are snug on the hub and dont have ANY play at all when you try to make them go round. If there is just a little play tell the shop to put some tape and make it really tight till there is on loose effect in it.
You see the porpouse of this ring is not to take any brunt from the road but just to make sure that when the wheel is mounted , it sits on the studs hubcrntricly and not off center whet the studs are tightened thats all so there is no real need for steel rings. Once the wheel is on and tight on the hub there is no pressure on the hub ring at all. Please let me know if you have any questions and also let me know if you are still shopping.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
If you have not bought the wheels yet then try to go hubcentric for MB bore size. Why open up a whole new can of worms when you can do without it. But if you already have the wheels, no big deal get the steel rings if you want or the polymere ones they are just as good. Just make sure they are snug on the hub and dont have ANY play at all when you try to make them go round. If there is just a little play tell the shop to put some tape and make it really tight till there is on loose effect in it.
You see the porpouse of this ring is not to take any brunt from the road but just to make sure that when the wheel is mounted , it sits on the studs hubcrntricly and not off center whet the studs are tightened thats all so there is no real need for steel rings. Once the wheel is on and tight on the hub there is no pressure on the hub ring at all. Please let me know if you have any questions and also let me know if you are still shopping.
Thanks Wiz, yes I already have my wheels and like you I would have paid the extra money to make them hubcentric, but where I got them from never even said it was an option.

I am waiting for spring here in the MidWest before I get a chance to put my wheels on, I can't wait!
Old 02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
amr

2001 CLK55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I'm currently running 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear without rubbing on H&R cup kit but only running 265's in the rear. The DPE's will be 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear. Not sure yet if I'm going with 265's or 275's out back.
Sorry I don't mean to jack the thread but I'm wondering where you got your H&R Cup Kit? Also, wondering if it will fit the W208 55? Thanks.

Good choice on the wheels, btw!

P.S. I'm running 19x9.5 ET35mm with 275/30 on Koni/H&R with no rubbing.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
C32 and CLK

Hey Guys,
Do they have the same offset? I might have a buyer for my wheels but not sure if they have the same offset.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by Rareamg
Hey Guys,
Do they have the same offset? I might have a buyer for my wheels but not sure if they have the same offset.

Thanks for the help.
What year is the CLK? I know w209 CLK's share wheel fitment with w203's, but I've heard w208 CLK's might be different.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
2004 Clk.