CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Jlevi SW | SpeedInnovation ECU Tuning for "55" Motors - $799 SHIPPED BOTH WAYS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007 | 03:28 PM

Looking forward to it. Very interested, but like everyone else I would like to see a the dyno runs

Do you have this same capability for the C-32?
Old 02-28-2007 | 12:27 AM

We sure do, we have tuning available for the entire MBZ line
Old 02-28-2007 | 06:20 AM

2002 CLK55 Cabriolet (DEAD: 1989 300E, 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible)
If I drive into your shop in Hermosa will you do before & after dyno runs?
Old 02-28-2007 | 12:12 PM

We can arrange to have dynos done before and after but there is an extra charge for those dynos.
Old 02-28-2007 | 10:08 PM

E60 M5, Trailblazer SS, Acura TL, CLK55 (SOLD), E420 (SOLD)
How do I remove the ECU for a W209 CLK55 and what type of special precautions do I need to take when handling it? What type of 0-60 and 1/4 mile time improvements should I expect? What is the "seat of the pants" feel?
Old 03-01-2007 | 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Interested in the before and after dynos.
Old 03-01-2007 | 11:47 AM

2005 SL600 by SPEEDRIVEN
Red Line RPM

What is the Red Line RPM raised to from stock on a 2001 CLK55? Also, isn't the 2001 and 2002 CLK55 software cheaper than $799.00? I thought this was in a previous post but could be wrong?

Last edited by ashutt; 03-01-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2007 | 03:04 PM

-I'll need to get you a guide for the CLK55, I don't have photos of how it's done. You might be able to find out on this forum somewhere if I can't get photos quickly.
-Precautions: Unplug the battery before removal, don't drop it, wrap it well, and ship it. It's metal so it will be fine!
-0-60 improvements are about .2 seconds I believe
-Seat of the pants - you should feel the car pulling stronger in all gears, and less "lag" at the weaker points in the RPM band
-I'll check how much the RPM is raised - I believe it's 200-300
-All CLK55 software for W208 and W209 is $1199 retail.

This special will end on SATURDAY!
Old 03-01-2007 | 04:17 PM

2005 SL600 by SPEEDRIVEN
Jon,

Your product looks good. However, you have some price competition:

Powerchip has a range of chips which can increase the 2001 & 2002 CLK55 AMG power to around a claimed 365 HP, and it's torque to 402 lb.-ft on 93 octane with their $840.00 chip. Redline is raised but not sure to what. They remove the speed limit of 155 mph.

speedtuningusa.com has a chip for the CLK55 AMG which increases the HP to around a claimed 370 HP, and it's torque to 400 lb.-ft on 93 octane with their $325.00 chip. Redline is raised a standard 400 RPM. They remove the speed limit of 155 mph. 2 year warranty provided.

If you want to compete in this space and not price yourself out of the market, I would suggest you keep your $799.00 price since there is really only a few things you can change in the code to improve performance, and each tuner is using the same base code.

Last edited by ashutt; 03-01-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-01-2007 | 04:53 PM

2004 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jon@Jlevi SW
-I'll need to get you a guide for the CLK55, I don't have photos of how it's done. You might be able to find out on this forum somewhere if I can't get photos quickly.
-Precautions: Unplug the battery before removal, don't drop it, wrap it well, and ship it. It's metal so it will be fine!
-0-60 improvements are about .2 seconds I believe
-Seat of the pants - you should feel the car pulling stronger in all gears, and less "lag" at the weaker points in the RPM band
-I'll check how much the RPM is raised - I believe it's 200-300
-All CLK55 software for W208 and W209 is $1199 retail.

This special will end on SATURDAY!
If you've modified these vehicles, why don't you have pictures of the removal process? Does your company do the tuning or do you outsource it to another vendor, and if so, why don't they have the removal instructsions w/ pics? I'm starting to feel like the quality of the products that you offer is as sub par as the information you do/don't have.
Old 03-01-2007 | 06:56 PM

ashutt - I was unaware - let me contact our tuner and see what they say!

illrukus187 - We outsource it to another company, but that company usually just receives ECUs. They rarely do on-the-spot tuning, which means they do not ever take out the ECU. How many people do you know who are willing to document their ECU removal? None of our customers will do this. They just want to take out the ECU and send it to us so they can get it back as quickly as possible. That's why we only have documentation for the cars SpeedInnovation has tuned on the spot, or the cars our own company owns... E63, BMW E46, SLK, C230, etc.

As for the quality of our products... search around. We've been around 3 years and have an average satisfaction rate of 98% on our website for all our products... despite the fact that people usually only comment about something if they're NOT satisfied. Our service and our products have been reported time and time again as "industry-leading" on many forums such as MBWorld, E46Fanatics, Bimmerfest, BimmerWerkz, E90Post, ///M3 Forum, ///M Forum, X5World, and many others. Please do not make the assumptional fallacy of assuming that since I did not answer your question in exactly the manner you had expected, our entire company is "sub par." That's like me assuming that since you inserted "that" after products (a slight grammatical error), you are on the whole uneducated - an assumption I would never make without factual evidence.

If there is any way I can better assist you or answer your questions... simply ask!

Thanks!
JL
Old 03-01-2007 | 07:38 PM

2004 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jon@Jlevi SW
ashutt - I was unaware - let me contact our tuner and see what they say!

illrukus187 - We outsource it to another company, but that company usually just receives ECUs. They rarely do on-the-spot tuning, which means they do not ever take out the ECU. How many people do you know who are willing to document their ECU removal? None of our customers will do this. They just want to take out the ECU and send it to us so they can get it back as quickly as possible. That's why we only have documentation for the cars SpeedInnovation has tuned on the spot, or the cars our own company owns... E63, BMW E46, SLK, C230, etc.

As for the quality of our products... search around. We've been around 3 years and have an average satisfaction rate of 98% on our website for all our products... despite the fact that people usually only comment about something if they're NOT satisfied. Our service and our products have been reported time and time again as "industry-leading" on many forums such as MBWorld, E46Fanatics, Bimmerfest, BimmerWerkz, E90Post, ///M3 Forum, ///M Forum, X5World, and many others. Please do not make the assumptional fallacy of assuming that since I did not answer your question in exactly the manner you had expected, our entire company is "sub par." That's like me assuming that since you inserted "that" after products (a slight grammatical error), you are on the whole uneducated - an assumption I would never make without factual evidence.

If there is any way I can better assist you or answer your questions... simply ask!

Thanks!
JL
LOL, i enjoyed the grammatical error find. I'll have to watch that

My "assumption" as you put it is a valid one any consumer would have. Documentation of the removal process of course should not be the responsibility of the end user, it's the responsibilty of the manufacturer. Pleanty of companies(Kleeman, Powerchip) have detailed, pictured instructions that you can recieve. I'm just questioning your ability/your vendors ability to modify these types of vehicles, but you do not possess the ability to provide the removal instructions for the actual unit that you modify.
How where you or your vendors able to find to create the fuel and timing map changes needed for the software? Nothing personal, I just like to be safe not sorry.
Old 03-04-2007 | 09:41 PM

Understood
I'll try to have a customer send us some photos or come in and let us take pics.

JL