CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Does Anyone know how to get CLK DTM Mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Originally Posted by JerseyCLK55
I hope that I'm not beating a dead horse...but does anyone know how to get access to the parts to convert a standard W209 CLK55 to emulate the CLK DTM?

I like the cosmetics and the performance specs. I assume that an HPS supercharger would take care of the muscle, but I'm clueless with regards to the rest of the car.
I would also suggest you send Steve and email and see if he can aquire the necessary parts first. he does have some inner contacts that may be able to help. As for superchargers, search the forums and you will see HPS is not the way to go. I suggest you go with Kleemann

As for Jlee, you did not inspect the steering wheel yourself. How do you know it is an imitation? You just assume he bought it from ebay because he did not pay as much as you? Maybe you got ripped off. Steve does not sell junk and there is no problem with people asking Steve if he can get the necessary parts. Why do you just assume he cannot get them? ...... and no one cares how much you paid for your CLS IWC! Reading the tone of your messages does not want anyone on this forum to like you.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E60 M5, Trailblazer SS, Acura TL, CLK55 (SOLD), E420 (SOLD)
Goodness.... Well, if anyone knows of a definitive source for the CLK DTM parts, please let me know how much they cost. Also, does anyone have a good source for superchargers? And, does anyone in the NJ/NY/CT/PA area know of a good shop who does clean blower installs on Mercs?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
Originally Posted by sunman
I would also suggest you send Steve and email and see if he can aquire the necessary parts first. he does have some inner contacts that may be able to help. As for superchargers, search the forums and you will see HPS is not the way to go. I suggest you go with Kleemann

As for Jlee, you did not inspect the steering wheel yourself. How do you know it is an imitation? You just assume he bought it from ebay because he did not pay as much as you? Maybe you got ripped off. Steve does not sell junk and there is no problem with people asking Steve if he can get the necessary parts. Why do you just assume he cannot get them? ...... and no one cares how much you paid for your CLS IWC! Reading the tone of your messages does not want anyone on this forum to like you.
You don't have to talk about my IWC whatever. I can write what I want to and you don't have a damn right to dictate what I write. My IWC and its price is none of your business so just skip if you don't want to see it.

All I said was that what he post is not an authentic AMG steering wheel. It is true so get over it. yeah yeah yeah as soon as I started talking about the ebay steering wheel shop misteriously posted an authentic picture of AMG steering wheel within 10 mins of discussion in this thread.

What a coincidence! I smell somthing here. but the person has to do a better job photoshopping the image cause I can totally see the image of paddles added on the steering wheel. The person did a good cut and paste job but it is so obvious.

Maybe I was ripped off by AMG but at least I got the parts and that's all I care. Believe what you want. Don't need to argue over this anymore.

I added 3 photos. First photo is the steering wheel that was just photoshopped by the ebay store seller which had the short black paddles like the second and third picture originally before photoshopping. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Does Anyone know how to get CLK DTM Mods?-dscn59702za4.jpg   Does Anyone know how to get CLK DTM Mods?-dscn58162za6.jpg   Does Anyone know how to get CLK DTM Mods?-dscn58182qw3.jpg  

Last edited by JLee81; 03-02-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by JerseyCLK55
Just so that I don't get sticker shock, how much do you think these parts go for?

Thanks!
For real? Let's assume for a moment you can obtain the necessary parts.

Not including performance mods, it would likely cost you over $100,000 for real Performance Studio parts.

Body Kit - $25,000-$35,000 (probably a low estimate)
Wheels/Tires - $12,000-$15,000 (if you wanted the real ones with part numbers stamped on them)
Rear Wing - $5,000-$7,500
Interior carbon fiber trim - $18,000-$25,000
Seats - $6,000-$8,000
Instrumentation - $15,000
Steering Wheel - $4,000
Console - $11,000

After spending all that, you would have a neutered CLK55....without any performance improvement.

Let's add engine - $55,000
Tranny - $12,000
Suspension $16,000
Exhaust - $11,000
Brakes - $23,000

Now, after all that it probably still wouldn't operate cause you'd need the proper ECU and tranny control modules....say another $10,000.

Keep in mind, the above prices do not include labor.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Chappy
...Wheels/Tires - $12,000-$15,000 (if you wanted the real ones with part numbers stamped on them)...
And to think I was paranoid about spending too much on my rims!...Wow This makes what I paid for my rims (even though they make the real DTM rims) look like a bargain price.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
To be clear....all my prices are guesses.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by JLee81
You don't have to talk about my IWC whatever. I can write what I want to and you don't have a damn right to dictate what I write. My IWC and its price is none of your business so just skip if you don't want to see it.

All I said was that what he post is not an authentic AMG steering wheel. It is true so get over it. yeah yeah yeah as soon as I started talking about the ebay steering wheel shop misteriously posted an authentic picture of AMG steering wheel within 10 mins of discussion in this thread.

What a coincidence! I smell somthing here. but the person has to do a better job photoshopping the image cause I can totally see the image of paddles added on the steering wheel. The person did a good cut and paste job but it is so obvious.

Maybe I was ripped off by AMG but at least I got the parts and that's all I care. Believe what you want. Don't need to argue over this anymore.

I added 3 photos. First photo is the steering wheel that was just photoshopped by the ebay store seller which had the short black paddles like the second and third picture originally before photoshopping. Enjoy.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
Jlee, since I'm not a member of the other forum, would you mind posting your pics here? Or pm me or something, I just wanna see them! I'm not hatin' or anything.

Also do you have the "special" IWC Ingenieur watch? How is it different than the regular ones?

Sorry for OT...I don't believe that AMG would let go of the DTM parts very easily...if at all. Try going aftermarket. There's a jap company that makes widebody kits for the 209 I think./