CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

No CLK 63's ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Originally Posted by OrionBlueClk63
Interesting..............The 55 is a great car, very quick, I've driven it many times and have allot repect for it. But by no means does it even come close to the 63. Its a totally different engine. Supercharged 369hp compared to naturally aspirated 475, thats over 100 horses more in a car thats just straight ballz, has all round better parts, & all new F1 paddle shifting.
But the 55 is still no joke.
A good friend of mne, who just happens to be my nieghbor has one, whenever we're together on the road we hit it. Its always a smoke show....On the highway its just discusting what i do to him. BUT !! when it comes to off the line, you make a very good point. At first he had me almost everytime. I would hit it & my *** would be all over the place, especially with the esp off. This went on for a while & my friend would pop ish about it constantly, but things have changed, by now im nice with the shifting at all speeds & off the line its a wrap................Do yourself a favor, go scoop a 63, drive it for 3 days and tell me if you still feel the same.
Perhaps you're right, but if anything it will be the 997S or E92 M3.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Originally Posted by BlueClk63
Don't take this the wrong way, but I drove a CLK55 and passed on it in favor of the M3. The M3 struck a better balance between luxury and sport (with the bias being toward sport).

The CLK63 has more of a bias toward sport. The handling is better (I felt the 55 was sloppy with much more body roll than the 63 has) and the acceleration is obviously a class leader. Brakes, transmission, etc.. I don't think the 55/63 comparision can really be made.

Getting power to the ground is a different story. Why MB didn't include an LSD on them is beyond me. Just remember that all things automotive are subjective, as one's desires may not always reflect another's.
I won't take it the wrong way... I love the E46 M3, and mentioned that in my previous posts. The only reason I didn't get one was because I already had an E46.
I'm with you on LSD... it would have really completed the CLK63 for the price MB is asking...
Old 03-26-2007, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 M3, 05 R1
clk63
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLk63 AMG
Once again, my brand new CLK63 is having problems....its been in the shop for almost 3 weeks right now....Im gettin it back tommorow and its goin striaght to another shop to get my xenons put in...I will post some more larger pics after they are done.

Just in case anyone is wondering why my car is fronting so bad, the short version goes like this. I never drive my car on a cold engine, I alway let it warm up a bit. When the temp gauge gets to 3 or 4 bars the car SHOULD be cool to drive, right ?? not mine.......when the car is completly warmed up it ran absolutly fine, but on a cold or semi cold engine it would not accelerate or would go a little bit with tons of hesitation.

I took it to the dealer and they were baffaled...they first told me it was the engine control unit and that the part is made specifically to each VIN # and they had to pull one off the assembly line in germany. So that took forever and didn't work, then they said it was the mass air flow sensor....that turned out to be bull****..then there was a list of a million possible things and parts they had to order. FINALLY, they narrowed it down to the oxgen sensors ??? it doesnt really make sense to me, they have had my car forever, now im gonna get it back tommorow after its been hacked to pierces by the tecs...my **** better run right or im gonna flip. This is my 3rd benz & although I love'em, they are a pain in the ***. I though AMG would be different and to be honest im very dissapointed..........stay tuned fella's.