CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Power Steering pump noisey!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK55 AMG Coupe - 1 of 761 in the US!
Power Steering pump noisey!

I've been complaining to the dealerships for 18 months about the PS pump noisey when cold and it sound like a starved ps pump. Now the car is out of warranty.

I took the car to an good indie shop get a crank position sensor replaced, and they are telling me the ps pump is bad. I told them 2 different dealers say the secondary air pump is typically noisey on these cars, but then the indie shop said no, and had me listen to it with the engine cover off. Sure enough, the ps pump is noisey. So what do I do now? I have 4 workorders from 2 dealerships stating the ps pump is not bad, but this shop saying it is. I'm thinking a letter to MB customer care. Any suggestions on what to do next?

I really want this fixed, and to be noise-free (cause it's kind of embarrassing in a parking structure), and just want to pay the indie shop to do it, but feel I can't let those dealerships get away with this!

It drives me crazy that these amazing cars are handled and repaired by such terrible dealerships! I've always got the runaround by MB dealership shops, with multiple visits to fix a problem, if they even identified the problem! AMG should have it's own showrooms and repair shops!