CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

AMG posers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:47 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by renault12ts
Respect to you guys, nearly 7 years and 2150 posts...on a ***** waving thread!!
mine isn't even big enough to wave......just like the wallet of the poser AMG driver
Old 05-25-2014, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
You think I drive a Mercedes just to be a considerate person? WRONG

Old 05-25-2014, 07:45 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
coming from across the Atlantic to make you jealous......
but then again we don't have kings and queens either

LOL

Originally Posted by AMGAffalterbach
You think I drive a Mercedes just to be a considerate person? WRONG

Old 05-25-2014, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I feel good about it. Posers are funny. Mainly because they suck and they know it. lol
Old 05-26-2014, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
That's exactly it hahaha, they're losers and they know they are. So archiving and editorializing their stupidity is hilarious in my opinion, just knowing there is a dedicated group out here making fun of them.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:41 PM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
W215 CL500 2005
Originally Posted by hyperion667
mine isn't even big enough to wave......just like the wallet of the poser AMG driver
Since you can pick up an AMG for less than $30000...many of the posers you claim to dislike so much have bigger wallets than that. The thread says more about you lot than the "posers".

Strangely, on this side of the Atlantic it's you guys who would be the posers...especially those who have joined in on this thread. You guys don't do subtle...imagine having an AMG and debadging it!! No...loud, proud and infantile.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 192 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Since you can pick up an AMG for less than $30000...many of the posers you claim to dislike so much have bigger wallets than that. The thread says more about you lot than the "posers".

Strangely, on this side of the Atlantic it's you guys who would be the posers...especially those who have joined in on this thread. You guys don't do subtle...imagine having an AMG and debadging it!! No...loud, proud and infantile.
Well said. I doubt it's worth to even get into a discussion with people that spend years pointing out any specific group of people. This is a car forum. The fact that this thread is still going after such a long time is really a disgrace for this subsection. It brings no value to the clk55 section and should be removed or moved to off topic.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:01 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63

I bought mine new: and it is debadged, I also do not live my life under royalty......

go figure
Old 05-26-2014, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL

Originally Posted by megacrazy
Well said. I doubt it's worth to even get into a discussion with people that spend years pointing out any specific group of people. This is a car forum. The fact that this thread is still going after such a long time is really a disgrace for this subsection. It brings no value to the clk55 section and should be removed or moved to off topic.
Have either of you for a moment considered the possibility that this is merely a lighthearted fun thread for many of us and it has nothing to do with waving our Johnsons errr, *******? We already know Hyperion isn't waving his.

If not, then I suggest the next line should be something about how we must not have anything else to do but cruise for posers and post them on this thread.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
If you dislike this thread so much then why post in it? Just feeding the fire bub.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
New, old Mercedes and REAL AMG's.
The fact that this thread is still going after such a long time is really a disgrace for this subsection. It brings no value to the clk55 section and should be removed or moved to off topic.
F#CK NO!!

Thank you for your understanding.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
I bought mine new: and it is debadged, I also do not live my life under royalty......

go figure
Man, I can't help but to stare at my monitor ... your SIG to be more precise.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by cal1
Have either of you for a moment considered the possibility that this is merely a lighthearted fun thread for many of us and it has nothing to do with waving our Johnsons errr, *******? We already know Hyperion isn't waving his.

If not, then I suggest the next line should be something about how we must not have anything else to do but cruise for posers and post them on this thread.

Lighthearted conversations don't take 7 years. I see plenty of ****ty cars and posers every day, but it takes a specific type of person to pull out their phone, take a pic and spend time uploading it to a forum and then talk more crap about it. So yeah, you guys clearly don't have much to do

As it stands you bring 0 value to this section and you should be having this conversation somewhere else. There are plenty of ricer forums out there...so why not go hang out with like minded people...and bring value to their AMG poser subsections.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Lighthearted conversations don't take 7 years. I see plenty of ****ty cars and posers every day, but it takes a specific type of person to pull out their phone, take a pic and spend time uploading it to a forum and then talk more crap about it. So yeah, you guys clearly don't have much to do

Does it not seem ironic that you would find time to come to a thread like this to tell us we "... clearly don't have much to do"?

As it stands you bring 0 value to this section and you should be having this conversation somewhere else. There are plenty of ricer forums out there...so why not go hang out with like minded people...and bring value to their AMG poser subsections.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice. I think I will join some ricer forums and head to the poser section. Which are your favorites? Maybe I will see you there.

So I bring 0 value to this section. Does that mean I am not a special type of person?

Now some unsolicited advice for you. If you abhor this thread and the members on it, don't come here.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
[/B]

Does it not seem ironic that you would find time to come to a thread like this to tell us we "... clearly don't have much to do"?

Thanks for the unsolicited advice. I think I will join some ricer forums and head to the poser section. Which are your favorites? Maybe I will see you there.

So I bring 0 value to this section. Does that mean I am not a special type of person?

Now some unsolicited advice for you. If you abhor this thread and the members on it, don't come here.
Easy there, remember e-feelings can't be hurt like real feelings so no need to get upset.

Thing is, I AM coming to the right section. You guys on the other hand are having an off topic discussion in the CLK55 forum. Perhaps a complaint is in order to have this moved to the appropriate section of the forum.

As far as "special person", I was referring to people, like you, who have the time to take pictures of crappy cars, and upload them to a forum. It takes dedication and a lot of free time. I applaud you guys for that.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Easy there, remember e-feelings can't be hurt like real feelings so no need to get upset.

Thing is, I AM coming to the right section. You guys on the other hand are having an off topic discussion in the CLK55 forum. Perhaps a complaint is in order to have this moved to the appropriate section of the forum.

As far as "special person", I was referring to people, like you, who have the time to take pictures of crappy cars, and upload them to a forum. It takes dedication and a lot of free time. I applaud you guys for that.
My, aren't you the superior one. Mr. Holier-than -thou. The sanctimoniousness self-appointed protector of the posser is now schooling me on my e-feelings. Gee thanks, I will try to keep my e-feelings in check and not get so upset in the future. It will be difficult however. I think I’ll go cruising for posers.

By the way, if you are so disturbed by this thread being in your section, by all means, PM the Mods. Would you like me to help? Perhaps a simple request instead of a complaint will work best.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
God thank you Cal and Hyperion, I really hate the high-horse mentality that these people have where we shouldn't judge others when they are coming out of their way to give us their arrogant advice and opinions.

You two are correct, it's a car FORUM. There are opinions on here that will differ from yours and you will disagree with, as long as we aren't on EVERY SINGLE thread talking about AMG posers and our "arrogant" consensus on them and we contain it here as a light hearted, funny thread with a lot of sarcasm then I don't see the issue. I also hate this "well over here YOU would be considered the posers" ... no, no one cares how vastly superior Europeans or British people think they are to Americans. There are reasons we are not well liked in the world, and many of those I agree with, but to attack our personal character and the character of everyone involved in this thread is just stupid. Our sh*t all smells equally in this world so that's a stupid, ethnocentric argument.

People at my University and in my state smoke weed, drink alcohol, etc - things that I don't partake in or personally approve of. But do I go around acting like I am morally superior because I disagree with the things that they do? No! I'm apathetic towards it, as you should be in this case as to not add fuel to the fire and create drama and antagonism. We all operate on different moral compasses, and if you really spent the time looking through even the last year of this thread you'd realize we talked a lot about what we consider a poser or not. There is a definite dividing line here, and we recognize that and move on.

It's a little inconsiderate for someone with a few hundred posts that has contributed a lot less to this forum than others to come and tell us we are a**holes and doing something wrong when you weren't even around for most of it. Go ahead, try to use the mods as your personal army, see what they say. Not to mean you're less valuable of a member, but it's the idea of seniority and giving respect to people like Cal and Hyperion. They're very helpful members and I'm sure I would be personal friends with both if they lived around here since they are great guys with awesome cars.

As for "we don't have much to do" I have to:

Be a full time student (Computer Science with a dual-minor in Molecular Biology and Mathematics on a pre-med track)
Run a start-up (Visual computing programming/design work)
Have a regular paying job (Medical records administrator and web programmer for a home healthcare company)
Spend time with my family
Take care of the dog
Appease the tidal waves of women that come my way on a daily basis
Work on my HPSP requirements, there's no way I'm affording med school without serving our country in the military, which I planned to do anyway as a 2 year call-to-service since I feel like my generation lacks a sense of civic duty.

So before you tell me what I don't do on a daily basis, consider that many people on here that drive nice cars are either established professionals or hard working students and family people and they're quite busy. Don't spend much time on the Internet (no facebook, twitter, instagram, etc) so if I want to spend it here at MBWorld on this thread, you're not one to tell me that I shouldn't or can't or I'm a loser for doing so.

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 05-28-2014 at 01:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:16 AM

...meanwhile in Poserland:
Attached Thumbnails AMG posers-fake-e63-amg-6729432369654327151.jpg  
Old 05-28-2014, 08:49 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
wow, damn I hate those side vents: on any car!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by AMGAffalterbach
God thank you Cal and Hyperion, I really hate the high-horse mentality that these people have where we shouldn't judge others when they are coming out of their way to give us their arrogant advice and opinions.

You two are correct, it's a car FORUM. There are opinions on here that will differ from yours and you will disagree with, as long as we aren't on EVERY SINGLE thread talking about AMG posers and our "arrogant" consensus on them and we contain it here as a light hearted, funny thread with a lot of sarcasm then I don't see the issue. I also hate this "well over here YOU would be considered the posers" ... no, no one cares how vastly superior Europeans or British people think they are to Americans. There are reasons we are not well liked in the world, and many of those I agree with, but to attack our personal character and the character of everyone involved in this thread is just stupid. Our sh*t all smells equally in this world so that's a stupid, ethnocentric argument.

People at my University and in my state smoke weed, drink alcohol, etc - things that I don't partake in or personally approve of. But do I go around acting like I am morally superior because I disagree with the things that they do? No! I'm apathetic towards it, as you should be in this case as to not add fuel to the fire and create drama and antagonism. We all operate on different moral compasses, and if you really spent the time looking through even the last year of this thread you'd realize we talked a lot about what we consider a poser or not. There is a definite dividing line here, and we recognize that and move on.

It's a little inconsiderate for someone with a few hundred posts that has contributed a lot less to this forum than others to come and tell us we are a**holes and doing something wrong when you weren't even around for most of it. Go ahead, try to use the mods as your personal army, see what they say. Not to mean you're less valuable of a member, but it's the idea of seniority and giving respect to people like Cal and Hyperion. They're very helpful members and I'm sure I would be personal friends with both if they lived around here since they are great guys with awesome cars.

As for "we don't have much to do" I have to:

Be a full time student (Computer Science with a dual-minor in Molecular Biology and Mathematics on a pre-med track)
Run a start-up (Visual computing programming/design work)
Have a regular paying job (Medical records administrator and web programmer for a home healthcare company)
Spend time with my family
Take care of the dog
Appease the tidal waves of women that come my way on a daily basis
Work on my HPSP requirements, there's no way I'm affording med school without serving our country in the military, which I planned to do anyway as a 2 year call-to-service since I feel like my generation lacks a sense of civic duty.

So before you tell me what I don't do on a daily basis,
consider that many people on here that drive nice cars are either established professionals or hard working students and family people and they're quite busy. Don't spend much time on the Internet (no facebook, twitter, instagram, etc) so if I want to spend it here at MBWorld on this thread, you're not one to tell me that I shouldn't or can't or I'm a loser for doing so.
Hey believe me there's no reason to give me a breakdown of things going on your life that YOU think are amazing. This long elaborate post simply proves the points that were made before. You guys are compensating for something and it's very apparent even in writing.

I see some hypocritical words being thrown around around so:

High Horse: Mocking others for not having an AMG (unlike us here, they are not 'special'), forum seniority (we need some 'thank you' buttons up in here)
Lighthearted Sarcasm: Labeling other people for their financial means, YEARS ongoing
Superior: Again, years of labeling other people as inferior makes us...ummm superior clearly
Inconsiderate: Starting a thread in the wrong forum section, complain when other people point it out

Let me emphasize again, this is a CAR FORUM. You want to bring value to it? Go ahead and answer some of the questions being posted, help out etc etc. Questions go unanswered for days in this subsection yet you guys post away in a thread that's off topic.

As far as forum seniority, it's as infantile as any of the sarcasm in this thread. People leave and join the forum on a daily basis. Very few people have contributed meaningfully by solving problems and coming up with brand new engineering solutions and they are guaranteed not interested in any of the amazing contributions you guys make by posting in this thread. But hey, if you took that AMG badge and stuck it to your foreheads perhaps we'll all recognize what a special bunch you are
Old 05-28-2014, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Hey believe me there's no reason to give me a breakdown of things going on your life that YOU think are amazing. This long elaborate post simply proves the points that were made before. You guys are compensating for something and it's very apparent even in writing.
You have made the broad assertion that people on this thread must have nothing else to do. AMGAlffalter is merely pointing out that in spite of your assertion, he actually is a rather busy productive guy.

I see some hypocritical words being thrown around around so:

High Horse: Mocking others for not having an AMG (unlike us here, they are not 'special'), forum seniority (we need some 'thank you' buttons up in here)
Lighthearted Sarcasm: Labeling other people for their financial means, YEARS ongoing
Superior: Again, years of labeling other people as inferior makes us...ummm superior clearly
Inconsiderate: Starting a thread in the wrong forum section, complain when other people point it out
I don't really see any hypocrisy here. Hypocrisy would be if you posted a pic of a poser. Now that would be hilarious. I think you are of the opinion that we are a pretentious lot whose intent is to say "that's not an AMG, look at me, I have a real AMG." If I am correct, you are quite welcome to your opinion.

Let me emphasize again, this is a CAR FORUM. You want to bring value to it? Go ahead and answer some of the questions being posted, help out etc etc. Questions go unanswered for days in this subsection yet you guys post away in a thread that's off topic.
An honest suggestion for you. I think Scott911 has moderated this thread in the past. Why don't you send him a PM and request the thread is moved to OT.

Finally, I don't see this discussion as ever resolving anything or being productive in any way. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and to continue to blast away if you so chose. I plan to learn from my posser posting buddies hyperion and mercsdude and disengage from a futile argument.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Guys you broke rule #1...and I did too...
Don't feed the trolls!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
On 405 yesterday..

Does this qualify? License Plate reads AMG1SLS, as I passed this buggy I saw driver was a little old lady? Makes me go

Possibly dementia? Or actually has SLS back @ senior rec center?
Old 05-28-2014, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
You have made the broad assertion that people on this thread must have nothing else to do. AMGAlffalter is merely pointing out that in spite of your assertion, he actually is a rather busy productive guy.

I don't really see any hypocrisy here. Hypocrisy would be if you posted a pic of a poser. Now that would be hilarious. I think you are of the opinion that we are a pretentious lot whose intent is to say "that's not an AMG, look at me, I have a real AMG." If I am correct, you are quite welcome to your opinion.

An honest suggestion for you. I think Scott911 has moderated this thread in the past. Why don't you send him a PM and request the thread is moved to OT.

Finally, I don't see this discussion as ever resolving anything or being productive in any way. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and to continue to blast away if you so chose. I plan to learn from my posser posting buddies hyperion and mercsdude and disengage from a futile argument.
Oh come on don't bring logic to this discussion. Where's the fun in that?

I think if you start a thread like this you should expect to get trolled sooner or later. Car mods are very subjective and just because the 3 of you agree on something, it doesn't mean the rest of the internet will agree...hence a forum of opinions.

Regardless, here's my opinion: move it to OT, where it might get more activity, and keep the written ridicule to a minimum. There's no reason to make fun of other people's choices, as ridiculous as they are. Plus, the pics speak for themselves.

As far as me posting a picture of a poser, I would, but I don't have the quick phone draw skills you guys have...that and I am way too lazy.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:43 PM

I plan to learn from my posser posting buddies hyperion and mercsdude and disengage from a futile argument.
Have at it mate!
Attached Thumbnails AMG posers-e39-amg.bmp  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: AMG posers