CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CHEAP 2005 CLK55 AMG - Can U believe $13K?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Grand Cherokee HEMI, Searching 4 CLK55 Cabrio
Exclamation CHEAP 2005 CLK55 AMG - Can U believe $13K?

I found this car on Autotrader.com:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...uperSpotlight=

Car in Texas, owner claims to be in U.K. but will not answer why the car is so cheap . Wouldn't let me see it in person B4 buying. Sounds fishy to me (as in Katrina-fishy). Anybody else inquire on this car?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Waste of time. You know the old saying....if its too good to be true.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
I bet the car doesn't exist...scamming for your cash.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 PM

Location: East Falls, Philadelphia / Swedesboro, South Jersey
CLK55 AMG
Definite SCAM! Stay away!!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:10 PM

clk 500 2003
i have to agree that is most def a scam. i would stay well clear off, did his emails, contain loads of spelling mistakes(i mean at least put effort in to rip 13K from people) lol.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
100% a scam, but it can't hurt to mess with him
Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 PM

2006 CLK350
so what, the guy wants you to send cash in an envelope? lol
Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 PM

No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by BG in Detroit

Car in Texas, owner claims to be in U.K. but will not answer why the car is so cheap . Wouldn't let me see it in person B4 buying. Sounds fishy to me (as in Katrina-fishy). Anybody else inquire on this car?
That is a VERY common SCAM. Owner out of country. Claims it's held in customs (or at a port or other BS). They also will request Western Union and pretend like that protects the buyer (somehow) which is ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

There is actually a website of people who make it a hobby of "playing" with these scammers. The site is called 419eater.com. Check it out. It's AMAZING what you can do to lead and mess with these scum of the earth
Old 11-30-2007, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by BG in Detroit

I did. I first checked out the number listed w/the ad, and it turned out to be a mobile phone; when I rang it, no one answered and the voicemail recording was simply a generic "you have reached the voicemail for xxx-xxx-xxxx" type of thing, no person on the other end.

So I wrote him asking for the VIN. After a few enquiries, he sent me the vin number for this CLK55 in Texas, which a quick google search revealed to be that of a black CLK55 for sale in Washington state. I knew it was a scam, but needed the vin to sic autotrader on him. Which may have worked; the ad has been taken down. Here's his letter:
Hi there,

The deal can be done via eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection program like this :
I must have a assurance that you really want to buy the car, so you will have to make a deposit of $2950 USD at ebay.
The money will stay at ebay Protection Program, and then after the transaction is done
eBay's shipping company (DAS Auto) will ship the car to your address and you will receive the car in max 3 days.
The transport and the car will be insured by DAS auto transport service and the vehicle will be delivered in excellent conditions.
At the pick up of the vehicle an inspection will be made and if for some reason you do not like the car and you dont want to buy it, the shipping agent will refund you in cash.
Or if you want to keep the car then you will pay the rest of the money to ebay.
If you choose personal pickup then after the transaction is done we will setup the meeting date and an agent from ebay will join and assist at the meeting place and if you dont accept the car you will be refunded in cash.
If you choose shipping then you will have to pay the shipping taxes.
Also you will have 3 working days to test the car and if you decide to keep it then i will be paid, if not the car will be shipped back and you will be refunded.

If you want to buy it please email me your full name and address ...I will send you the bill of sale of the vehicle with all the terms of our transaction signed by me and also the notary.
If you agree with these terms you should also sign the bill of sale and e-mail it back to me. This way i will know that you are a serius buyer and will forword your info to Ebay.
They will contact you sending you the invoice with all payment details to complete this deal.

I attach some photos.Here is the VIN. WDBTK76G75T038012 and you should make a carfax report to see theat the car don't have any problem.

Thanks.
Elliott.
Here is the *real* car with that VIN; it is currently listed for sale in Bellvue, WA for about $46k and has about 10K more miles on it than he claimed in his scam ad:
http://autos.yahoo.com/usedcars/deta...otY2xrNTVfYW1n
Old 12-01-2007, 01:39 AM

2005 Grand Cherokee HEMI, Searching 4 CLK55 Cabrio
Great work Improviz!

Very good sluething, and I also had received the identical e-mail. Just wanted all to be in on the scam artists who lurk out there! Be safe!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:45 PM

2006 E55 AMG
for sale.....2001 clk55...35000 original miles $27000

for more info call me @ 1718-6516541 ask for jerry