CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

W209 CLK 55 AMG Kompressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002M3
Originally posted by Lucas

Should I give out prices incl. Danish sales tax which is 25%, who
should benefit from that ???

Tax or VAT is your local " PROBLEM ", live with it or do something about it.
I stay in Denmark because of the nice weather and the worlds highest taxes. .
Denmark properly has the highest taxes in Europe but definitely not in the world!

Have you ever heard some country has 100% to 250% Sales Taxes???
Old 12-30-2002, 04:56 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Re: Back to the thread

Originally posted by KLEEMANN
Anybody can buy what AMG sells- whats special about that?
like ur saying, anybody can buy what Ferrari sells - whats special about that? please...spare me the ad from Kleemann. It's great tuner no doubt, but no need to advertise like this

AMG is special because of their limited production per year and the prestigious power that comes with it factory built.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:34 PM

Vivianlove:

You will find countries in the Far East, where they have tax like you mentioned, but only on selected goods like import cars ect.ect.
Then they have very low income tax, where we in Denmark starts
at 50 % and for income over US$ 40.000,00 it's only 64%.
Then we have VAT 25% on everything.
Cars VAT + 180%.

I will say, it's pretty difficult for anybody to beat that

Old 12-30-2002, 09:47 PM

So what keeps masses of people from exiting Denmark to go someplace which allows them to keep a reasonable % of their income?
Those rates are just ludicrous.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:56 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
the cost of living is different from country to country. i.e. cars in Taiwan cost about twice as much as the price in US, but the cost of other goods like foods and daily products are relatively cheaper than in the US. for example, at McDonald's a combo cost $6 dollar, but for the same combo in Taiwan they only cost $3. Also income is different, moving to another country means that they would have to live without jobs for some period of time. To many people, it's not worth the effort to move.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:30 AM

Re: Re: Back to the thread

Originally posted by FrankW
like ur saying, anybody can buy what Ferrari sells - whats special about that? please...spare me the ad from Kleemann. It's great tuner no doubt, but no need to advertise like this

AMG is special because of their limited production per year and the prestigious power that comes with it factory built.
i sense anger in frank's post.....:p
well AMG is dope Kleemann is dope Ferrari is even better? whichever is more expensive its doper... cuz it shows how much more cash you got but of coz this only goes for ppl who actually bought their own car
Old 12-31-2002, 11:52 AM

Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R 230) and CLK 55 (W 209)
Arrow Re: W209 CLK 55 AMG Kompressor

Originally posted by IanPooley
Hi all,

AMG will release a small production run of the W209 CLK 55 AMG which is supercharged. It will be the same engine as the SL 55 AMG has (500 HP).
Unfortunately, this information is not correct!

Despite all the rumours, highest sources inside AMG have confirmed multiple times that there will be NO CLK 55 Kompressor (BR 209).

A CLK 55 Kompressor from AMG is just a rumour like the CL 55 convertible limited edition.

all the best,
Ronald
Old 12-31-2002, 08:21 PM

The CL convertible was not only a rumour, it was very far within AMG, and then dropped.
Old 01-01-2003, 06:13 AM

Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R 230) and CLK 55 (W 209)
Unhappy CL 55 AMG Convertible Limited Edition rumour

The CL convertible was not only a rumour, it was very far within AMG, and then dropped.
That's right, but the press continued to announce the CL 55 AMG convertible Limited Edition long after AMG officially dropped it.

Take a look at the homepage of the german magazine 'Stern' (=star):
http://www.stern.de/sport-motor/auto...nige/mercedes/

They still announce a CL convertible and even show fotos.

happy new year,
Ronald
Old 01-01-2003, 06:48 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Re: Re: Re: Back to the thread

Originally posted by tango
i sense anger in frank's post.....:p
well AMG is dope Kleemann is dope Ferrari is even better? whichever is more expensive its doper... cuz it shows how much more cash you got but of coz this only goes for ppl who actually bought their own car
I was a little mad about someone would actually put down other people's cars and recommand stuff that they sell for living. That's just wrong.

props to those who work hard for their own cars, and those although didn't pay whole for their car but appreciates them anyway. There is no boundries for car lovers.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:32 AM

I never read about the CL convertible before, I just saw the car one to one at a guy I know's company.

He is the best there is to do special proto types and simply an expert in body work.
He build a proto type for AMG, so he was ofcause the first to know
when it was dropped.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Back to the thread

I was a little mad about someone would actually put down other people's cars and recommand stuff that they sell for living. That's just wrong.

props to those who work hard for their own cars, and those although didn't pay whole for their car but appreciates them anyway. There is no boundries for car lovers.
for sure there is no boundries for car lovers but what i suggested was why ferrari was better than kleemann and then kleemann(aftermarket) is better than amg(stock).. cuz this is how the society is.... u got more dead president then u become the president(theorectically, somewhat true).....
Old 01-02-2003, 06:24 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Back to the thread

Originally posted by tango
for sure there is no boundries for car lovers but what i suggested was why ferrari was better than kleemann and then kleemann(aftermarket) is better than amg(stock).. cuz this is how the society is.... u got more dead president then u become the president(theorectically, somewhat true).....
my point was that the AMG is equally special as Ferrari or Kleemann. Not sure about if the Kleemann is indeed better than AMG though. The C32k from Kleemann in C&D's review made less hp and torque than the C32 AMG, and it was slower too. The CLK43k in the same test although have better torque and hp than the CLK55 (W208) was still slower than the CLK55 AMG from a stop. The price of the C32k is similar to the C32 AMG and the price of the CLK43k is also about the same as CLK55 AMG when they had tested those two cars.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:44 AM

I think you should take it a little slow, saying which car is faster from a dead stop.
I think most people which have been behind the steering wheel
of a KLEEMANN CLK 43 K, can sign that the CLK 55 is a dead dog
compared to the KLEEMANN.
It's all up to the driver, the tires and type of asphalt how fast the CLK 43 K will go from a dead stop.

Any way, a car with so much power, and the relative high weight
is not build for dead stop accelerations, it's an Autobahn cruiser which at any day can give super sports cars a hard time. If the 43 K not is enough, then use the 55 as a base car.

To compare a KLEEMANN MB with a Ferrari is not reasonable, a person who drives a Ferrari will enjoy the fun and prestige of it on a sunny Sunday alone, the KLEEMANN driver will in most cases
use the car every day, combined with business or family use.

It's two completely different cars, so compare appels to appels, not appels and bananas.

I don't know how it is in the US, but here in Europe a lot of guys
have Ferraris, and the daily driver is a highly tuned MB.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:14 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
i did say it was from the C&D test that the CLK43k is slower from the stop, but the torque will definitely help it spank the CLK55 (W208) at any other speed. keep in mind that the CLK55 has a NA engine. That's why i mentioned the C32 AMG vs the C32k Kleemann. Both are 3.2 liter V6, supercharged, and priced similarly except they are done by different tuner.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:49 AM

I know you said it was from C&D test, but they can have bad drivers too.
You deside as a driver in the KLEEMANN CLK 43 K if you want to try and make a controled start or if you want to leave 2 stripes
of 80 - 100 yards down the road.

The KLEEMANN 32 K and the AMG 32 engines can't be compared .

The AMG has 8,5:1 compression ratio, the KLEEMANN have 10,5:1.

It could be the KLEEMANN have a little less power, but it's runs
the doubble pr. gallon.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:07 PM

wow this thread is very educational ! excellent
Old 01-02-2003, 05:50 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I know you said it was from C&D test, but they can have bad drivers too.
You deside as a driver in the KLEEMANN CLK 43 K if you want to try and make a controled start or if you want to leave 2 stripes
of 80 - 100 yards down the road.

The KLEEMANN 32 K and the AMG 32 engines can't be compared .

The AMG has 8,5:1 compression ratio, the KLEEMANN have 10,5:1.

It could be the KLEEMANN have a little less power, but it's runs
the doubble pr. gallon.
That's true. But under the same condition and same driver which one will be faster? Makes all people wonder.

Forgot what was the average mpg from that test by C&D, but my c32's average mpg is around 18 mpg.

oh yeah, BIG OOPS from ME...the CLK43k was 10th of a second ahead in 60 and 0.2 second ahead in 1/4 mile. :p

Last edited by FrankW; 01-03-2003 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's true.

oh yeah, BIG OOPS from ME...the CLK43k was 10th of a second ahead in 60 and 0.2 second ahead in 1/4 mile. :p

The 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers put up by C&D don't give you any idea of how much better the Kleemann CLK43K runs compared to a stock CLK55. Sure, from a dead start, the traction limitations of the CLKs tires are going to bring the 1/4 mile times (and certainly the 0-60 times) of the 2 cars closer together, however, if you actually drive both cars you will see that the difference in power is huge. Furthermore, dyno numbers don't lie. As for the C32AMG and C32K, I'm sure they are quick cars, however, the last time a C32 AMG was trying to run with my car on the highway I wasn't too impressed with how quickly it was becoming a small blob in my rear view mirror.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let's just say my CLK43k is faster than Vadim's C32; for now. Of course, Vadim is a maniac, and won't stop until he has at least 450hp.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Mach430
Let's just say my CLK43k is faster than Vadim's C32; for now. Of course, Vadim is a maniac, and won't stop until he has at least 450hp.
I know he'll get there too... of course, by then, Vadim will finish my car and 450 hp won't seem enough for him either.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:29 AM

stop the tease guys! hehe u guys are making me jealous
Old 01-03-2003, 03:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Sleestack
I know he'll get there too... of course, by then, Vadim will finish my car and 450 hp won't seem enough for him either.
You didn't hear about the C32K/Sleestack engine swap? We're going to give you a 32k, and put your new motor in Vadim's!
Old 01-03-2003, 04:41 AM

Nice to have some back up from guys with first hand experience.

Frank W.

You are all wrong, the AMG 32 don't have a cast iron, it's alloy and
for sure the same block as a normal C 320.

The difference ( without comparing sparepart numbers in my DAS, so I am not 100% sure ) is 99,9% sure only the pistons, mabye different cylinder heads with a minor change compared to stock and then the cam's.

Take a 55, it's exactly the same block as the 500 with a 97 mm bore, the only difference is the crank, conrods, pistons and a minor change in the cyl.heads with slightly larger valves.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:05 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Nice to have some back up from guys with first hand experience.

Frank W.

You are all wrong, the AMG 32 don't have a cast iron, it's alloy and
for sure the same block as a normal C 320.
my apology to the iron block comment. I was thinking about the M3...:p

btw, i'm very interested to know how can C32 dissapear in Sleestack's rear view mirror that fast when the car is still in the shop at Evosport? (of course that will be TRUE when the car is out of the shop)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W209 CLK 55 AMG Kompressor