CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

pics and new wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
pics and new wheels

i know i have promised pics forever. well we got a digtal and i finally got some pics of my AMG with the stock wheels. i am getting some new wheels put on Monday so i will post some before and after photos.

i am picking up some 19" Rays DIA 106 two piece forged wheels. Widths are 8" for the front and 9.5" for the rear. Rays makes Volk and Gram Lights. This is the Rays Master Piece line. They are more for daily drivers and a little less purpose built for the track. 31lbs each which is pretty light for a 19. They have a forged rim and cast center actually. Picking them up from the tire rack along with some Kumho SPT's 225/35/19 front and 255/30/19 rear. you really can not beat the value of Kumho: good treadwear rating and performance. but in this case they were the only tire manufacture that offered the sizes i needed for less than $1000. i just can not pay that much for tires. unless you are going to the track it just seems pointless to me.

anyway i will post some before and after pics once there on the car. i really wanted the BBS LM but i could not justify the $2000 extra to get them. hell that is a vacation!

For those of you who dont know. Finding wheels for less than $3000 for the W209 AMG is a very, very difficult thing. You need a wheel with backspacing of around 6" and around 32 or 33 offset for the front. For the rear you will need something in the neighborhood of a 30 offset. be prepared to test fit them before you mount tires. The front brakes and the odd offset on the AMG lead to trouble with most off the shelf wheels. So your choices are more than limited. Cheap knock-offs, BBS, OZ, or something custom. I did not want something cheap. The other options put you in the $800+ per wheel category with the exeption of a couple of OZ styles, mostly the Boticelli. my point to this rant is do your research and test fit prior to mounting tires are you will find yourself in a bad situation.

i bought some Keskin KT4's and they looked amazing. but we would have had to run a 21mm spacer on the front just to get them to fit which was ridiculous. not to mention that the wheel with tire would have stuck 1" past the fender. thankfully i was able to return those wheels.

i feel like a kid at christmas i can not wait until monday!!!

Last edited by AMGOODNESS; 07-21-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
///

Originally Posted by AMGOODNESS
i know i have promised pics forever. well we got a digtal and i finally got some pics of my AMG with the stock wheels. i am getting some new wheels put on Monday so i will post some before and after photos.

i am picking up some 19" Rays DIA 106 two piece forged wheels. Widths are 8" for the front and 9.5" for the rear. Rays makes Volk and Gram Lights. This is the Rays Master Piece line. They are more for daily drivers and a little less purpose built for the track. 31lbs each which is pretty light for a 19. They have a forged rim and cast center actually. Picking them up from the tire rack along with some Kumho SPT's 225/35/19 front and 255/30/19 rear. you really can not beat the value of Kumho: good treadwear rating and performance. but in this case they were the only tire manufacture that offered the sizes i needed for less than $1000. i just can not pay that much for tires. unless you are going to the track it just seems pointless to me.

anyway i will post some before and after pics once there on the car. i really wanted the BBS LM but i could not justify the $2000 extra to get them. hell that is a vacation!

For those of you who dont know. Finding wheels for less than $3000 for the W209 AMG is a very, very difficult thing. You need a wheel with backspacing of around 6" and around 32 or 33 offset for the front. For the rear you will need something in the neighborhood of a 30 offset. be prepared to test fit them before you mount tires. The front brakes and the odd offset on the AMG lead to trouble with most off the shelf wheels. So your choices are more than limited. Cheap knock-offs, BBS, OZ, or something custom. I did not want something cheap. The other options put you in the $800+ per wheel category with the exeption of a couple of OZ styles, mostly the Boticelli. my point to this rant is do your research and test fit prior to mounting tires are you will find yourself in a bad situation.

i bought some Keskin KT4's and they looked amazing. but we would have had to run a 21mm spacer on the front just to get them to fit which was ridiculous. not to mention that the wheel with tire would have stuck 1" past the fender. thankfully i was able to return those wheels.

i feel like a kid at christmas i can not wait until monday!!!
Today is monday!
Where's the pics at?
Old 07-22-2008, 04:46 PM

03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels

these are the all before the new wheels of course. but the car is lowered and the exhaust is installed. the car currently has the stock 17" wheels with 10mm spacers up front and 15mm spacers on the rear.

here is a pic of my GTI while i am posting.

The new wheels go on the AMG Monday. i will post some pics when i get them fit perfectly.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' IS 350, 08' E550

these are the all before the new wheels of course. but the car is lowered and the exhaust is installed. the car currently has the stock 17" wheels with 10mm spacers up front and 15mm spacers on the rear.

here is a pic of my GTI while i am posting.

The new wheels go on the AMG Monday. i will post some pics when i get them fit perfectly.
Both our cars look just alike! Stock for stock that is You have an 03 and I have a 04...I can't wait to see your wheels. It was hard as heck for me to find wheels for this car. If money is no issue (which seems to be the case for most of the AMG owners) then it's no problem, but for me I'm trying to stay within $2000-2,500k for rims and tires! I'd rather use that money to add performance mods to the car instead so I'm gone wait to get my wheels.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 PM

is your car lowered as well? mine is lowered about two inches. i had to add spacers to clear the front coilovers so i went ahead and added 15mm to the rear. the wheels really fill the fender now. probably hard to pic up in a pic.

good luck finding wheels and tires at the price. you can get some EXE Konvex wheels, MRR (i think), Bremmer (cheap), and i think one cast OZ Boticelli wheel. everything else is much, much more. i had $500 a wheel budgeted and had to go up to $600. i only found one set of 19's in that price range. before you say you want 18's it is even harder to find that size. read my first post and you will see why. odd offset and huge brakes. the W208 guys have it easier i think.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:08 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
is your car lowered as well? mine is lowered about two inches. i had to add spacers to clear the front coilovers so i went ahead and added 15mm to the rear. the wheels really fill the fender now. probably hard to pic up in a pic.

good luck finding wheels and tires at the price. you can get some EXE Konvex wheels, MRR (i think), Bremmer (cheap), and i think one cast OZ Boticelli wheel. everything else is much, much more. i had $500 a wheel budgeted and had to go up to $600. i only found one set of 19's in that price range. before you say you want 18's it is even harder to find that size. read my first post and you will see why. odd offset and huge brakes. the W208 guys have it easier i think.
Actually I found some nice 19's giovanna's (Sabina I believe is the name) with tires for $2k...they fit perfectly but I wanted to wait to see a better style
Old 07-22-2008, 07:56 PM

you have test fit them? this car is really picky. i bought some keskin kt4's that were supposed to fit perfectly too. they did no clear the calipers up front. i will test fit the wheels i am buying now prior to mounting tires. just be careful. i would hate to see you get burned.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 PM

i took a look at the sabina. too much bling for me in the chrome but the black ones dont look bad. what size are you looking at. 19" wheels are is big as i will run. good luck and post up once you get them. you should look at the EXE Konvex if you like that style of rim. i pretty sure those will fit with a spacer up front. i tend to lean more to the sport than luxury side so definitely not trying to hate.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:03 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
you have test fit them? this car is really picky. i bought some keskin kt4's that were supposed to fit perfectly too. they did no clear the calipers up front. i will test fit the wheels i am buying now prior to mounting tires. just be careful. i would hate to see you get burned.
Yeah i know....i'm just gonna wait until i can get some real nice one's....light in weight and looks classy!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 AM

i really wanted BBS LM's but spending almost $6000 on wheels and tires just doesnt make sense to me. i will end up spending just under $3500. still alot but not that bad for forged wheels. Ray's makes a great wheel so i feel good about picking them up. i will post up next week. they go on the car monday.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
i really wanted BBS LM's but spending almost $6000 on wheels and tires just doesnt make sense to me. i will end up spending just under $3500. still alot but not that bad for forged wheels. Ray's makes a great wheel so i feel good about picking them up. i will post up next week. they go on the car monday.
Nice drop buddy ...u still have the stock exhaust right? I can tell u changed the tips but the not exhaust thou.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
oh my bad u already have the IMCO muffler...how about a sound clip?? thinking about to change the side marker to CLEAR???

Andy
Old 07-23-2008, 08:23 PM

not sure how to do the sound clip but it sounds really good. bela's sound like a damn race car. mine has a solid V-8 rumble, deep and really throaty now. it really sounds awesome when the car is come to a stop. i love the way AMG's sound under braking.

i am not into the clear lens stuff at all. i always catch hell from the VW guys on this but i just dont like it. reminds me of cheap hondas or something.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 PM

new wheels are going on today. test fit them yesterday and everything is golden. i will post pics tomorrow.