CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

GT-R 700 HP package hits 60 in 2.8 1/4 in 10.87@132.5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
Almost any car will have flaws when it first comes out, the e46 m3s had smg problems to the first generation I think...i'm not saying one is better than the other but just that it's a first year model and it should be fixed soon...

I do like german cars more than any others but for someone to say it's nissan and it has cheap materials inside or whatever just doesn't make sense to me...
Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
Originally Posted by Bmwr1d3h
Almost any car will have flaws when it first comes out, the e46 m3s had smg problems to the first generation I think...i'm not saying one is better than the other but just that it's a first year model and it should be fixed soon...

I do like german cars more than any others but for someone to say it's nissan and it has cheap materials inside or whatever just doesn't make sense to me...
Yes, new models or major features (SMG, variable valve timing, whatever) often have initial problems that get corrected over time -- the problem with this comparison is that other carmakers will admit they made a mistake and fix it. What other automaker has had this kind of well-known problem and steadfastly refused to honor their warranty?

Have a problem with a new model? Understandable - no problem. Fail to stand up for your poorly designed product? Inexcusable.

(And don't even get me started on Nissan's stupid nanny box.)
Old 04-16-2009, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk55
Originally Posted by ATL_MB
Yes, new models or major features (SMG, variable valve timing, whatever) often have initial problems that get corrected over time -- the problem with this comparison is that other carmakers will admit they made a mistake and fix it. What other automaker has had this kind of well-known problem and steadfastly refused to honor their warranty?

Have a problem with a new model? Understandable - no problem. Fail to stand up for your poorly designed product? Inexcusable.

(And don't even get me started on Nissan's stupid nanny box.)
You're wrong sir. Our own 2003 W209 CLK and some 2004 models have been known to have a faulty radiator branded Valeo. This defected radiator has ruined many transmissions that Benz refuses to acknowledge the problem. This should have been a recall.

Nissan has many reliable models and so does Benz. Be openminded.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
I will take it one step further with this radiator situation. My local dealership does not even have the equipment to test for fluid in my tranny. I have to go back and force them to get it. There apparently is a TSB but it does nto force them to do anything.