CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

GT-R 700 HP package hits 60 in 2.8 1/4 in 10.87@132.5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Post GT-R 700 HP package hits 60 in 2.8 1/4 in 10.87@132.5

The Nissan GT-R 700 HP package hits 60 MPH in 2.8 seconds, 100 MPH in 6.4 seconds and 0 to 186 MPH in 24.79 seconds, which is compared to 53.3 seconds for 0 to 186 MPH in a stock GT-R!! Holy crap! I never knew that upping the power from about 500 HP to 700 HP would drop the 0 to 186 MPH time in easily under half the time as stock! thats just too crazy...

So someone could get a slightly used GT-R for maybe $70,000? and then tune it mildly to 700 HP and achieve numbers that would smoke an SL65 black series, Ferrari Enzo, Carrera GT, SLR, Porsche GT-2, etc.. thats just crazy.... and with AWD and DSG for cryin out loud...

Does that make any of you guys/girls wanna buy one or is the GT-R just a really insanely fast japanese car thats made out of cheaper materials than the German/Italian makers? interesting thoughts....

http://www.motorauthority.com/video-...ssan-gt-r.html
Old 04-11-2009, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Well when you blow the tranny even in stock form,Nissan doesnt warranty it. So modding is at your own risk! The black box tells whats been done even when turned back to stock.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:56 AM

One other thing bring it back in 4 years when it's rotting out and the punch is all gone.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I love it, the problem I find is that the nissan lacks soul to me. One of my clients pulls in with one 3 times a week so I see it alot. I'd take a porcshe, benz, bmmer anyday over the GTR regardless of #'s.

..still, those 60' pulls must feel insane with the power and AWD, and you just have to give nissan props for the car
Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
I saw a GTR parked in front of a restaurant the other day. They may be awesome performers but the styling is edgy and ugly. More of the Subaru school of design than of Aston Martin.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 AM

clk55
you guys do care a lot about looks don't you? GTRs come with the muscular looks so of course there's nothing classy about the car there. Performance wise, it's almost too good for the money especially with some mild mods. You guys should really drive one before talking smack about other cars. I hate it when people says Benz are soft, I tell them to go test drive one then come back. They all shut up.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 AM

CLK63, CLK 55 kleemann, Nissan GTR N1
The GTR was designed as a serious sports car with the body shape being the result of wind tunnel testing. The coefficient of drag from memory is 0.26.
An associate of mine recently added a titanium exhaust system and increased the turbo boost by 5psi and achieved an extra 80kw/ 107 hp at the wheels on a 4 wheel drive dyno.
The earlier model GTR's were 2.6 litre, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer, twin turbo dominated touring car racing in the southern hemisphere until they changed the rules to ban them. They were unbeaten in 3 years of racing. 1000 hp versions of this car are not unheard of on the streets here.
Engineering companies here are already building stronger gearsets for the new model GTR's transaxle gearbox.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:30 PM

clk55
Thanks for educating these guys about the GTR. I honestly would take the GTR over alot of benz besides the SL63 blacks or the CLK63 black
Old 04-13-2009, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
i'd take a GT-R. it's not as luxurious, but it'd be hellacious on the track
Old 04-13-2009, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
i would definitely drive one. i think the cars styling grows on you. it is a much bigger car up close than it appears.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
Stop talking **** bout the car...I think it looks beautiful, it certainly smokes 99% of the cars out there, not to mention handles better than a porsche 911 turbo...the GT-R is what a sports car should be, nissan did not do anything wrong on this car...it's a monster...

I'll take it any day over any benz, bmw, porsche and some ferraris, lamborghinis except lamborghini murcialego lp640(i love that car)...
Old 04-14-2009, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by Bmwr1d3h
Stop talking **** bout the car...I think it looks beautiful, it certainly smokes 99% of the cars out there, not to mention handles better than a porsche 911 turbo...the GT-R is what a sports car should be, nissan did not do anything wrong on this car...it's a monster...

I'll take it any day over any benz, bmw, porsche and some ferraris, lamborghinis except lamborghini murcialego lp640(i love that car)...
I'll pass. Any car that has it's warranty voided when you use something that was given to you in the first place, is not a car for me. They shouldn't have given you Launch Control if they are going to kill the warranty if you use it.

Second, any car can be turned into a monster with the right amount of money. Look at the Supra, the Regal GNX, and many, many vehicles of the past that were turned into track/power monsters.

Third, why in God's name would I want 'Big Brother' in my car? If I want to drive my car a certain way, that's my business, PERIOD. And if I have a warranty, it will cover how *I* drive it. Mods I can understand failing the warranty. Not driving.

On another note, Bmwr, if you would take a GTR over a Benz, BMW, etc..., what are you doing here? This *is* a Mercedes enthusiast forum.

Finally, what is this topic even doing here? This should be in "Off Topic"...if nothing else.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:03 AM

clk55
If your sole reason of bashing the GT-R then you shouldn't even be talking in here. We're talking pure performance here about the GT-R. Nissan obviously tries to cover their behind by putting in a few restrictions and I don't think anybody likes that. You are quite ignorant to bring up supra and regal in comparing the GT-R. They're no way in the same class. It's a very affordable japanese super car competing against porsche turbo and such.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by lychyrychy
If your sole reason of bashing the GT-R then you shouldn't even be talking in here. We're talking pure performance here about the GT-R. Nissan obviously tries to cover their behind by putting in a few restrictions and I don't think anybody likes that. You are quite ignorant to bring up supra and regal in comparing the GT-R. They're no way in the same class. It's a very affordable japanese super car competing against porsche turbo and such.

Coming from someone who owns a CLK 55 according to stats. If you love the car so much, why do you own a Benz, then? You seriously want to call me ignorant because I throw a few examples up there?

Let's see...if you want to call me out on the GNX, fine. But the Supra? Seriously, where's the ignorance? It's a 10-15 year old JAPANESE sports car, which costs a fraction of the GT-R, especially nowadays, and with less investment in modifications, can easily put most any vehicle into the grave both in power, and handling. It also looks MUCH more visually appealing than the Nissan. I have respect for many, MANY vehicles. I do NOT have respect for an overpriced Japanese vehicle which not ONLY is excessive in cost, but also has a warranty that's as good as a band-aid on a broken dam.

Again, if you love it so much over what you are driving now, what are you doing here??? Get a 350Z or something that would suit your taste better. And one more this...this is a MERCEDES FORUM...not a GT-R forum. You've got a lot of brass telling me to not talk here.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
I drive a benz but it doesn't mean imma hate on the GT-R, you gotta give credit to that car, I don't think you can just seat here and "oh it's not german so it must be overpriced and cheap" alot of german cars are overpriced too...I bought a clk55 cuz it was better than alot of cars in it's class, but I dnt have the money at this point to get the GT-R or else I would...

For example I think the new 3 series is overpriced, if I was to get a car in that price range I would get the g37 coupe or sedan doesn't matter (btw I hate 350zs with a passion)...I had a 06 330i fully loaded, nice car but it was at the shop 24/7, finally i lemoned it...

another example is the new C class, I drove one and the inside didn't even compare to the old C class, a lot parts i thought were plastic and not as good as other cars in it's class...i'm not saying it's a bad car but my point is just because it's a benz doesn't mean it's the best, i've seen alot of japanese cars having better quality than german cars (ex: acura and lexus)...

And bout the supra, yes very nice car but I still think the old GT-Rs are better sports cars...

Last edited by Bmwr1d3h; 04-14-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
Originally Posted by Koru_Kinshi

Again, if you love it so much over what you are driving now, what are you doing here??? Get a 350Z or something that would suit your taste better. And one more this...this is a MERCEDES FORUM...not a GT-R forum. You've got a lot of brass telling me to not talk here.
Easy, bruiser. This is a Mercedes forum. It's for owners, enthusiasts, technical folks, etc. You think there's a large fraction of people that have *no* interest in Porsche's or Ferrari's? You wouldn't have interest in a Bugatti if given the opportunity? Maybe not, but I wouldn't say you'd be in the majority. Most of the people that come on forums appreciate or love the car they have, but also love cars in general to care that much.

And the price point difference between any CLK55 from 2001-2005 and the new GT-R makes it easily plausible for someone who would really want a GT-R to drive a CLK55 for now, b/c they bought it used and it was in their price range.

We aren't all *only* MB enthusiasts. We're car fans, so try to keep a more open mind
Old 04-14-2009, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by da_guitarist
Easy, bruiser. This is a Mercedes forum. It's for owners, enthusiasts, technical folks, etc. You think there's a large fraction of people that have *no* interest in Porsche's or Ferrari's? You wouldn't have interest in a Bugatti if given the opportunity? Maybe not, but I wouldn't say you'd be in the majority. Most of the people that come on forums appreciate or love the car they have, but also love cars in general to care that much.

And the price point difference between any CLK55 from 2001-2005 and the new GT-R makes it easily plausible for someone who would really want a GT-R to drive a CLK55 for now, b/c they bought it used and it was in their price range.

We aren't all *only* MB enthusiasts. We're car fans, so try to keep a more open mind

Well said!!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:25 PM

I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Datsun. Its a Datsun.
If you were given all the specs on the supercars of the world-then asked to match or beat them all-I'm sure the engineers at Nissan would accomplish that.
Lets see what Porsche, BMW, or an exotic throws out now that the GT-R is revealed and can be tested-my guess is the new 911/T or similar will come out on an all new platform, with an all new engine (or heavily modified current) to beat out the GT-R and put someone else on the throne for a year or two-weather it will cost $70k-prob not-but then again, it wont be a Datsun
Old 04-14-2009, 04:08 PM

Also....you just don't see old Jap cars...I wonder why????
Old 04-14-2009, 05:08 PM

I've got a 97' Limited Ed. 15th Anni Supra TT (BPU, 57k miles, jewel green) and I'll tell you that I'd much rather have a CLK63 black series than EITHER! Why? Because it's newer, cleaner, and a better daily driver. The GT-R is basically a 350Z on steroids and the interior is garbage compared to the CLK63 GT-R's carbon fiber, suede, etc..

If your trying to build a 7-8 second drag car, then build something that's NOT going to cost an arm & leg to fix, like the GT-R. There's a guy here in Orlando (supposedly has the fastest GT-R) who's already blown like two tranny's running 10.70 @ 135 or so. I daily drive my Supra and honestly the Supra is the type of car to have as a 2nd car.. It's a decent daily driver, but it's really made for the track!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:14 PM

a Black
well...

Having ridden (but not driven yet) in my client's...they are not bad in fit and finish and rock on performance. Having had Nissans for years...they go forever, thus I will assume so will the GTR. (my folks kept my almost 20 yr old pathfinder with 200k miles...thing still goes.)

I really, really like my C55, loved my C32 and even liked the CLK 430....but I also like the GTR. The GTR is a better track/race car then pretty much any benz. SO....like what you like. Like them both. Shoot, I like almost every car made for one reason or another. I do not get the "you have to chose" mentality on this post.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:55 PM

03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
you are always going to have people choose a side. some people can not accept that a japenese car can be as good or better than a german car. they will never accept it even if the numbers prove it. they will always find something that proves their point even if it is as petty as saying that it is a Nissan and Not a (fill in the blank German, Italian, prestigious car).

I am a performance car lover and can usually find something i like in just about any high performance car: MB, BMW, exotics, and even down to Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. They all have something desirable so celebrate the differences.

it just so happens that i prefer German cars which is why i own two of them. i have always had a passion for German cars. But if i had the means and the extra garage space i could make room for a GTR or a IS-F.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
The problem with GTR's is that its transmission can't even handle stock power, so its too much risk to add boost without making changes to transmission. You just can't fully enjoy a car that can break on you at any moment. Already some GTR owners are going back to Porsche's and AMG after realizing just how fragile the GTR can be when pushed hard. Here is one good account of a former GT-R owner:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...g-my-gt-r.html
Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Well what do you expect for a 1st yr model supercar from Nissan. I weak smg tranny which cant handle the power. Give it time folks. Nissan will get ir right
Old 04-15-2009, 03:55 PM

ouch....i guess you really do get what you pay for. can you imagine the guy that could not negotiate with Nissan? i like the car but nothing is more annoying than paying a premium and still dealing with problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT-R 700 HP package hits 60 in 2.8 1/4 in 10.87@132.5