CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

HPS Statement (Timster’s CLK55)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jame55 did u get a hamannized modena?
Old 02-12-2003, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
HPS gave their statement, timster said he doesn't want to talk about it, so let's finish this issue for good, and wait to see what Tim has to say about his new SC.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:56 PM

No longer car shopping...
Please STOP asking about discounts

Karl K - FLAME NOTICE - I know you are a long-time poster on this forum but PLEASE stop asking about discounts. It's embarrassing to this forum. It should be obvious by now that these manufactures would have absolutely ZERO benefit from such a post. They are in the game to make a profit on their solutions. You (like most others on here already do) should respect their position. Your consistant "How much did it costs" posts do little more than demonstrate a level of personal in-maturity that I thought few MB owners would demonstrate. If you are SERIOUS about spending the $10K+ it would require for such a solution I recommend that you contact the Kleeman or HPS people DIRECTLY rather than bringing it out here on the forums.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:37 PM
GBD
Almost a Member!

CLK55AMG
Ndabunka... Let me know if, or when you come to Wilmington, would like to see your ride!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:43 PM

No longer car shopping...
Wilmington

GBD - I used to handle the Greenville utilities account but have recently moved over to the finance team so I'm not out that way much anymore but will get online and look you up the next time I head that way. Seems like these cars are fairly rare but there's a good number of these around Charlotte. Mine's stock right now but I am adding a few mods here and there. Since it's stock I have no pics yet.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
ndabunka

Pls. keep your silly comments to yourself.
Cost and discounts are the basis of the dispute, and my curiosity will not be squelched with your immature and baseless outbursts.

HPS (Adam)

Since you refer to discounts, perhaps you can provide more specifics to buttress your statement.

tnx
Old 02-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I am affraid you may be "punching a pillow" as Adam indicated that after his original discourse he would not speak further.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by KLEEMANN
I am affraid you may be "punching a pillow" as Adam indicated that after his original discourse he would not speak further.
There is a message inherent in HPS's silence...

Again tnx for your forthright response.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:36 AM

2001 CLK 55
Originally posted by karl k
There is a message inherent in HPS's silence...

Again tnx for your forthright response.

get a life!
Old 02-13-2003, 01:01 AM

yeah get a life fool
Old 02-13-2003, 01:33 AM

Old 02-13-2003, 09:40 AM

'01 CLK55
I'm not sure why everyone's flaming karl on this thread - the fact is HPS claimed the driving factor in Tim's dissatisfaction was cost.

So where their price point (even base price - forget the discount) lines up against Kleeman's (which Tim has now purchased) is pertinent to the conversation.

If the prices are comparable - and frankly I get the impression the Kleeman is MORE expensive - then that puts the veracity of their tale into question.

Just my $.02 mind you, but I can see the relevance.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Joe55
get a life!
Practice what you preach!

How sweet it is.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by RickB
I'm not sure why everyone's flaming karl on this thread - the fact is HPS claimed the driving factor in Tim's dissatisfaction was cost.

So where their price point (even base price - forget the discount) lines up against Kleeman's (which Tim has now purchased) is pertinent to the conversation.

If the prices are comparable - and frankly I get the impression the Kleeman is MORE expensive - then that puts the veracity of their tale into question.

PRECISELY!! tnx Rick
Old 02-13-2003, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by RickB

Maybe I read a different statement, but the dissatisfication wasn't cost, it was late delivery and performance issues.

I don't see why any company would post discount prices unless they are running some promotional ad or sale. If Tim was smart enough to drive the price down, then kudos to him. Just because he got it cheaper doesn't me someone else should also. These companies run a business not a non-profit orgainization.

Can we finally let this discussion die. The fact is unless you personally know Tim or this HPS rep. you will never know the truth.

Always do your research and don't take what you read on Forums as gospel.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Out Of Control!

Think this thread has been pounded enough that i will never go anywhere. Let this issue die down. Jusy my .02
Old 02-13-2003, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Adam,

Thanks for the response. I am glad to hear your side of the story.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:49 PM

Silver E430
Re: HPS Statement (Timster’s CLK55)

Dear HPS I feel as if you handle yourselves very professionally.

Thank You
Old 02-22-2003, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe Tim should follow your example, and create 15 different aliases to post under.

-Bruce
Old 02-22-2003, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Re: Re: HPS Statement (Timster’s CLK55)

Originally posted by e4309800

Thank You
This is too funny- or enormous luck.

Do you really expect people to believe that with TWO hole posts you managed to jump right in on the HPS debate? Your ONLY two posts having to do with HPS and their defense? This is incredible luck, with luck like yours you should play the lottery!

In all seriousness- If you DONT have any affiliation with HPS this is just too weird. If you DO have ANY connection with HPS you have only undermined the modicum of decency Adam has recently shown in his posts.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:56 PM

stop wasting ppls time
Old 02-22-2003, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.

Adam has made a post that was in response to certain allegations. He responded in a polite and professional manner. Regardless of who believes what, this board is NOT to be used to settle personal grudges and for flame wars.

We are extremely happy to have both Kleemann and HPS here as we think this is the best way for board members to investigate and make their own decisions. Further, with reps from both companies, we are all better able to get official responses rather then speculating on answers.

However, threads like these and the number of "new" members who always appear just in time to defend certain posts have an extremely negative impact on the vendor, the thread and the board. Be it authentic users or certain 'professional' people posing for one reason or the other (either to attempt to make a vendor look bad or to look good), the company IS undermined.

This is really sad to me.

Regardless of who did what, lets all please try to maintain some professionalism. We need to be able to discuss what is happening with the cars and the products for us all to learn and come to a mutual understanding.

Some complain that Kleemann and Lucas push too hard. However, the truth is that they are enthusiasts - PERIOD! They are intrigued and question as they have an extensive knowledge of MBZ tuning and want to try to understand the philosophy that HPS supports in their design. This level of enthusiasm is to be supported.

Although we encourage all to partake in these discussions. Posts such as:

add nothing to the thread and in fact lead to speculation that reflects negatively on one of the sponsors that keeps this board open.

Thank you for indulging me in this soapbox preaching - it is over just like this thread.

Thanks

Brad