CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

HPS Statement (Timster’s CLK55)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Adam

HPS Statement (Timster’s CLK55)

Dear Mbworld members:

I first want to apologize to the entire forum for the behavior of a few HPS representatives on addressing issues relating to this forum. Personal attacks and degrading members are virtues not acceptable by our organization.

One individual challenged our company’s creditability. Time and reevaluating of our product took precedence over advertising. HPS completed successful testing and product evaluation well before product launch. Our team and previous customers are satisfied with the results. Our intention from day one was to sponsor this forum and work with Mercedes Benz enthusiasts to spread the word about our product. As of today, we are a new sponsor to Mbworld and looking forward to being part of this forum.

Our HPS statement below is complied from Timster emails, phone conversations, and in person experiences. In no way are we trying to criticize or embarrass him. Instead expressing our side of the story. What many Mbworld members have asked for.

Once this statement is issued, HPS will not comment any further on Timster questions. We hope members understand.

Lets talk about facts, not half truths and stories.

Let’s talk about Timster and his recent problems. First, let me point out that despite selling many supercharger systems for Mercedes Benz, Timster is the only customer who we know of has a problem with our system. However, Timster hasn’t told you the whole story but I will.

Timster contacted HPS about a supercharger back in October. At that time, he negotiated a fairly hefty discount, which we agreed to, but only on certain conditions. Our policy is like that of Kleemann that is we expect to be paid once the system is installed. Timster was upset that the installation of the system was taking a bit longer then he anticipated. HPS as an accommodation chose to put Timster up at a local hotel, and pay certain expenses because of the delay. Once the system was installed and rode tested by our mechanic’s the car was delivered to Timster at this home, which is about 750 miles from HPS factory. At delivery, Timster refused payment but demanded his car. Timster told the driver that he wanted to negotiate still a further reduction in the sales price, by virtue of the late delivery. Keep in mind HPS paid for a Mercedes rental car for the 2 weeks Timster's car was being worked on.

The delivery person was intimidated by Timster and left without payment. Apparently believing a good defense is a better offense, Timster immediately complained of various performance issues with his vehicle. HPS offered to send a mechanic up to inspect and drive the vehicle but Timster refused, instead insisting on a very substantial reduction in the agreed upon sales price of the supercharger system. When HPS refused, things got ugly, where in Timster accused HPS of all sorts of atrocities related to the supercharger and its performance. I don’t need to go into that Timster has posting his alleged problems on all forums.

Ultimately, we were able to send someone to look at the car, conceding to all of Timster demands about using a shop of his choice, to do inspections. HPS could not find anything wrong with the system or problems with its performance. Upon Timster request HPS switch a new supercharger system and that he was satisfied with that but then claimed that there were "problems" again. Because the dyno results posted by Timster were done outside of HPS’ presence, we cannot comment on the veracity of these results.

Ultimately, we demanded that Timster either pay for the unit or agree that we could remove it at our cost. He agreed to the later, again not without very demand conditions, which HPS complied with. HPS findings were no engine failure occurred with our supercharger system or after.

Timster comments about the relocation of the dipstick and low oil level readings were proven false.

It is unfortunate but a fact of life that no matter how good you think your product is, there are going to be those who disagree. We respect that. What we find distasteful is the level of bashing and the extent of those comments, especially when proven false.

This message is not meant to offend anyone or chill anyone’s right to voice their opinion about our product. HPS has been asked to respond, intimating that failure to do so is tantamount to an admission Timster's opinions. Well, HPS is responding which a full and complete record of the transaction and results. Whatever decisions are made now, are made on the facts and not hysterical and unsupported rhetoric.

Sincerely,

Adam R Follman
Vice President of Sales & Marketing

Old 02-10-2003, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
Thank You

TO HPS/ADAM:

Thank you for telling your side of the story. You presented your case fair and square, and I have to say, after hearing the entire situation, I think HPS acted very professional, and accordingly. I appreciate your clarification.

Amer
Old 02-10-2003, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
dont know who or what to believe, but thanks for the detailed response and decency finally. being one of the largest opponents of the prior HPS affiliates "gracing us" with their immaturity on these forums, i believe you have gone a long way in eliminating the bashing of HPS.

i never had any real problems with the product (not an expert, but there are a few things that bother me about the Eaton on a Mercedes, id put it on my mustang yes, but my mercedes, im not so sure), only with the attitude of The Artist Formerly Known As HPS. but with his attitude, he sure made it fun to bash the product and the company.

anyway, thanks for your side of story, good luck selling your product, and welcome to MBWorld.

Eric
Old 02-10-2003, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 55
Thanks for posting your side of the story HPS. Many of my personal beliefs about the actual circumstances surrounding this particular incident are now much more clear to me. It has always been a true dissapointment for me to find so many people out there, more than just ready to take advantage of a vulnerable situation.

I applaud you for your ability to maintain the utmost professionalism and edict throughout this unfortunate event. I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,

Joe Navek
Old 02-10-2003, 06:59 PM

hi

btw who is the HPS guy earlier?is he from HPS too?
Old 02-10-2003, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
That is a decent explanation, and I don't see any wrong doing but delivering a job of that size COD??
Old 02-10-2003, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
Originally posted by theine
That is a decent explanation, and I don't see any wrong doing but delivering a job of that size COD??
I have to agree. Very weird. I would not do anything like that COD. I kinda wish Timster would write his side of it now. Would you agree to not pursue legal action against him if he did? Im sure he has a lot to say when he reads this. You did put the whole story from the begining.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:22 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 129 Posts
Over the years I've always found three sides to a story...yours, theirs and the truth, somewhere in between.

RJC
Old 02-10-2003, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Curious:

What was the final negotiated price, before the supercharger was removed?
Old 02-11-2003, 12:35 AM

CLK 55 AMG Cabriolet
Time to Move On

Originally posted by BrabusCClass
I have to agree. Very weird. I would not do anything like that COD. I kinda wish Timster would write his side of it now. Would you agree to not pursue legal action against him if he did? Im sure he has a lot to say when he reads this. You did put the whole story from the begining.
I too was pleased to read HPS' well written history of this incident from their point of view. If Timster wanted to put together a similar post from his point of view, I (for one) wouldn't complain. However, based on some recent posts by Timster, it would seem he's very happy with his new supercharger and would prefer to forget about his disagreement with HPS. If that's the case, let's respect his wishes, and allow Timster to enjoy his new mod.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by RJC
Over the years I've always found three sides to a story...yours, theirs and the truth, somewhere in between.

RJC
i think youve summed it up quite nicely
Old 02-11-2003, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
There are many points of view to each case, -- often times exceeding a dozen.

The feuding parties, their lawyers, the press, jurors, this forum (?) - the world opinion and then comes the judge! :o
Old 02-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I am amazed that a pat response, which is in large part predictable in that it is the opposite of Timsters story, is sufficient to mitigate anything, much less being taken as gospel.

There is no doubt that there is a place for any SC manufacturer in this great land of ours.

I remember my trial by fire here on this forum- to this day it continues. Its only resonable to answer founded questions from the public, take your lumps when wrong, and try to be a positive component to this MBWorld.

The fact that there is still no credible dynos, "raw data" or otherwise, etc etc doesnt bother me a bit- I am not a canidate for a HPS anything.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Where is Timster?
Old 02-11-2003, 02:06 PM

So how much discount did Kleemann offer Timster?
Old 02-11-2003, 04:01 PM

HPS claims that Timster is a hustler and his car was running trouble free, and most of you eat it raw couldn't it be the same guy as posting for HPS before, just with another name ???.

But OK, you all eat it raw, so who will be next in line for a HPS
supercharger.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IMO, the only thing HPS has done by making this statement, even assuming everything they say is true, is to further show us that they don't know how to run a business. Kudos to Timster for getting his car without paying first. You can't fault him for trying. HPS claims that the driver was intimidated, however, unless Timster was sporting a .45, couldn't the driver have just left? It is also entirely possible that their system was running as designed. That doesn't mean it was running well or to Timster's satisfaction. Furthermore, why didn't they just send his car to a dyno shop and show him the gains? When Evosport installed my Kleemann, they told me what I should expect in terms of hp and torque gains. As soon as they were done, they popped the car on a dyno and showed me the numbers. HPS has yet to show us raw dyno data. Maybe HPS will get their act together... I don't know. Hopefully they have learned a few lessons from this debacle. At the very least, there is one more Kleemann on the road and one less HPS... to me, that's a good thing.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by Hank
So how much discount did Kleemann offer Timster?
None.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:18 PM

Thanks for explianing your side of the story.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ya see........
Thats where logic comes into play. The HPS representative tried to show that when it came to price, that timster was some sort of a bargaining/cheap/hustler/stickler. But if thats the case why did he not ***** about not getting ANY discount from kleeman? Surely someone this avid about getting the best deal would not only try to swindle one company but any company with product cost as high as these. Just my observations.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Again,... just curious:

How much was the discounted HPS SC?

How much did the Kleeman SC cost?
Old 02-11-2003, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Guys and gals,

We need to look at Adam's participation here as a good thing. Now many will ask how I of all people can say that. Yes, as a representative of evosport, I still have unanswered questions. However, as a representative of MBWorld.org, I applaud Adam first and foremost for taking the keyboard privileges away from the HPS employee who was so immature he had to be banned. Regardless of the situation that employee caused, Adam has agreed to be here officially and take all the criticism and bashing and try to give their side of the situation and attempt to better educate the MB community on their product. Again, this is admirable.

Whatever side of the Timseter debate or the HPS debate you are on, at least we now have someone who will post with a real name and take the time to at try to answer questions in a professional manner, rather then the dribble we had before.

Please, focus your comments and questions in a manner that will give your peers and the various company representatives the opportunity to discuss these issues so that we all can learn. That, after all, was the point of this board when it was started.

Thanks

Brad
Old 02-11-2003, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by karl k
Again,... just curious:

How much did the Kleeman SC cost?
CLK55 Kompressor system is $16,995- installation additional- typically $1500 to $1800.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by KLEEMANN
CLK55 Kompressor system is $16,995- installation additional- typically $1500 to $1800.
Thank you KLEEMAN for your figures.

Now, would it not be helpful, in order to have a clearer understanding, that the bottom line in this dicussion be provided:

The HPS SC installed - it's list price and discounted cost?
Old 02-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Out Of Control!

Couldn't agree more with Brad. Point here is that HPS told their side of the story and that's what counts in regards to what happened with Timsters car.

Thanks for telling your side of the story HPS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HPS Statement (Timster’s CLK55)