CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

A/C Blower Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL600 by SPEEDRIVEN
A/C Blower Not Working

My A/C and Heater blower stopped working this morning. The symptoms are:

(1) I can hear a click in the engine when I engage the push the EC Button off so the light is out ( I assume this is the A/C Unit).

(2) Ironically, when driving on the freeway with the EC Button engaged (i.e. the light is one) I get some cool air out of the vents but very little as it is not being blown-out. It appears to be pushed out from the air passing through the system while driving. However, when I disengage the EC Button the cool air stops completely. I believe the cool air is from the A/C being on but not blowing through the system and then when the EC Button is engaged it pushes out the cool air for a few seconds and then becomes warm again.

(3) That the blower motor will not move any air out of the vents- either hot or cold.

(4) However, I can hear the actuators moving when I attempt to change the direction of the airflow.

I just charged the A/C system to 14 bar a few weeks ago. Code #9 on the system read 12 bars today while driving aroundso I don't believe it is low. It was ice cold yesterday and even this morning driving to work.

I checked the A/C Blower fuse (#25 spot in engine bay/30 AMP) and it was good.

Where is the Blower Regulator located and is there a way to diagnose if it is bad?

How can I determine if the blower motor itself is bad?

Any other thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ashutt; 07-09-2009 at 09:35 PM.