CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Enclosed Transport Company (Bad service by Thomas Sunday)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600 (1000 hp), Cayenne S, 996TT EVO GT750, F430 Spyder,A real Ford GT, 08 Gallardo Spyder
Thumbs down Enclosed Transport Company (Bad service by Thomas Sunday)

My car was picked up June 24th by Thomas C Sunday Car Transport Company. The normal industry standard for such a trip (700 miles) is 4 days. The car has yet to be delivered. I sent a professionally worded email to the company (The same email I used to communicate an estimate the week before. The email was not inflammatory, just listed the facts and asked for a manager to respond) but no response. I called 4 times in one day only to be told we will call you back. I am sure my car will be eventually delivered (Not too worried, I am insured) but the point is that almost 20 days has past.
Mistakes happen but NOT communicating with the customer especially to resolve a problem is just bad business. Whats funny is that I read about transport companies doing what they want after you sign on the dotted line but I assumed this company is "cool" since they transport high end vehicles only.

My preference was the two companies recommended by Barrett Jackson Auctions but at the time, pick up was not available for my area.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
I've actually got a CL65 on the way to Detroit tomorrow for a VRP kit also and I'm using reliable auto carriers (the big orange trucks). They call me today and the guy thinks hes picking a car up from Detroit and bringing it to NJ when I told them I need it picked up in NJ and brought to Detroit. He then tells me well in that case he can't pick it up at all because he can't get it there in time and that I've got to speak to a sales manager. I speak to the sales manager and he is giving me a hard time asking me why I need the car there the next day? Its just nuts, I don't know what to think. Someone contacted me and said they would be there tomorrow but didn't know when? I guess you can't win with these guys. I hope the car gets where its going quickly though. I'll keep my fingers crossed. GL w/ yours.