CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Anyone know the origin or name of this CLK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2009 | 03:22 AM

w209, BMW 328
Anyone know the origin or name of this CLK?

I fell in love with the CLK-DTM when it debuted. Then came the BS, which (to me) makes the DTM look hideous. This Benz pictured is the hottest CLK I've ever seen and the side exhaust...sick! I saw these pics on a forum a while back and have no idea where they were shot .Can anyone give me any info on the CLK in this pic? It looks like DTM-ish but its obviously not the CLK-DTM. Any info would be greatly appreciated! ENjoy
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know the origin or name of this CLK?-dtm2.bmp   Anyone know the origin or name of this CLK?-dtm1.bmp   Anyone know the origin or name of this CLK?-dtm3.bmp   Anyone know the origin or name of this CLK?-dtm4.bmp  
Old 11-07-2009 | 03:21 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
I'm not sure; I've seen some shots of these cars before. I would guess they are factory AMG one-offs on the CLK 63 BS, done up to resemble DTM cars but not really hardcore race cars. Why this was done has something to do with marketing, I think, but i can't really say what. Maybe give a few select customers a spin around the track?

Someone should know more, maybe Chappy?

Each to his own, but to me some of the lower cladding on these babies makes the CLK DTM look like a swan in comparison. But the workmanship is top notch, probably thanks to the Performance Studio.
Old 11-07-2009 | 04:06 PM

Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
Ooooweee!

Awesome.
Having two side-by-side makes them look even sweeter.

Not to sure what they are either.

As mentioned, they could well be one-offs.

I reckon they'll be off to some rich bod in Dubai!

Old 11-11-2009 | 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by phantom merc
I fell in love with the CLK-DTM when it debuted. Then came the BS, which (to me) makes the DTM look hideous. This Benz pictured is the hottest CLK I've ever seen and the side exhaust...sick! I saw these pics on a forum a while back and have no idea where they were shot .Can anyone give me any info on the CLK in this pic? It looks like DTM-ish but its obviously not the CLK-DTM. Any info would be greatly appreciated! ENjoy
IIRC, those shots may have been taken in California. Those specially-prepared CLKs were modified from the CLK63 Black Series (called the AMG Race Taxi), and were hideously expensive. My understanding is that these cars were/are used by AMG in track rides and the like, similar to the C55 Taxi I rode in at Barcelona.

Probably not available in the U.S., but just trot down to the AMG Performance Studio and plunk down somewhere between the cost of an SL65 Black Series and an SLR (I may be guessing way low at the cost) and you too may be enjoying some opposite lock fun!
Old 11-12-2009 | 08:22 PM

w209, BMW 328
WoWsers. Thanks, Chappy, for your abundant wealth of knowledge!
Old 11-16-2009 | 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
^Credit good info on the AMG Private Lounge. :-)
Old 11-21-2009 | 05:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
looks nice