CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Service A -> Service B

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG
Service A -> Service B

Hi, I've got a '04 CLK55 with about 46k on the odometer. Over the holiday weekend I drove from San Francisco -> Los Angeles and back on the US101 putting on about 900 miles round trip. Before I left I had about 2000 miles to my Service A coming up. On the way back right before I pulled in to get gas it the computer blinked at me and said that Service B is due in 1100 miles. Anyone hear of this happening before? Also hunting for a shop in the SF Penisula/San Jose area if anyone has any recommendations.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by ccase
Hi, I've got a '04 CLK55 with about 46k on the odometer. Over the holiday weekend I drove from San Francisco -> Los Angeles and back on the US101 putting on about 900 miles round trip. Before I left I had about 2000 miles to my Service A coming up. On the way back right before I pulled in to get gas it the computer blinked at me and said that Service B is due in 1100 miles. Anyone hear of this happening before? Also hunting for a shop in the SF Penisula/San Jose area if anyone has any recommendations.
On average, your service is about every 10-13,000 miles. Your computer calculates the service interval based on mileage (the oil quality) and time. Based on your last time before service (2K to service A), and you drove approx 900 miles round trip, the computer calculated a service B being due based on the last three services (A at possibly 10K, B and possibly 20 to 23k, A at possibly 30 to 33K and now a B), which is normal. If the car has been sitting a while (before the 2000 distance for the service A) and suddenly a LOOONG trip, then the computer probably adapted to the sudden change in driving, you used up more oil, depleting the quality thus the cpu recalculated and is prompting a B service, calculating that the vehicle is about to be engaged in long term driving.

For a more detailed look on what services mean, click here http://www.theworkshopmb.com/MBMSOverview.pdf

Feel free to drop by the shop

Happy Benzing!!