CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 E55, w124 wagon
Maintenance

Replaced spark plugs, engine mounts, tranny mount and fuel filter yesterday. Total cost was about $500. 2 went to my friend for doing most of the install since he is MUCH more mechanically sound.

A couple questions:
1. The clips connecting the harnesses to the top of the ignition coils are brittle. Many of the snaps broke. Even though the electrical connections seem fine, i would like to replace these. Do I need to replace the entire harness or can I buy just the clips?

2. When revving the motor while in park, a very slight stutter occurs at around 2700 RPM's. This was not present before and am wondering what could be the cause of this?

BTW, mounts & filter were purchased at autohausaz while NGK Iridium IX's were purchased at Pep Boys for 7bucks each before online coupons brought down the cost to $5.75
Old 12-10-2009, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by tym4rnr
Replaced spark plugs, engine mounts, tranny mount and fuel filter yesterday. Total cost was about $500. 2 went to my friend for doing most of the install since he is MUCH more mechanically sound.

A couple questions:
1. The clips connecting the harnesses to the top of the ignition coils are brittle. Many of the snaps broke. Even though the electrical connections seem fine, i would like to replace these. Do I need to replace the entire harness or can I buy just the clips?

2. When revving the motor while in park, a very slight stutter occurs at around 2700 RPM's. This was not present before and am wondering what could be the cause of this?

BTW, mounts & filter were purchased at autohausaz while NGK Iridium IX's were purchased at Pep Boys for 7bucks each before online coupons brought down the cost to $5.75
1. I'm not sure about the clips, but when they broke on my pcm on another car they could not be replaced. There was an aftermarket repair kit for it however.

2. Check the gaps on your plugs. Make sure it is to spec, and they are matching.