CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

I think W209 CLK55 is bit boring with tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLK55 AMG
:Originally Posted by mk4mike
All i can say is get the pss9 system, i am totally blown away with the difference in the car. I had previously run just h&r springs with stock shocks. The car responds with the flick of your wrist, as soon as you turn the wheel the rear is already pointing inthe direction your steering to.

I cant believe how much difference the coilovers have made, to be honest i dont know why people who have the coilovers havent given them so much praise as i have.

I will explain what i found from them, they have reduced the amount of rattling and juddering from normal driving. The car sits flat going around corners now and the tires dont squeek much because of the additional grip.

Im currently on setting 5/6 which is right in the middle, therefore i could get a lot harders and softer. I think this setting is perfect for street use and i can switch it to 1 on the odd track day.

I highly recommend the kit!

The clk also suffers with terrible brakes, i plan to upgrade to bbk very soon.

Hope this helps, MikeDid you have to install spacers front and rear for the Pss9 installation?
If yes, what size did you have to install? What make did you purchase?
Have you experienced any interference or tire rubbing issues?

I have factory 18" 2-piece AMG wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus.

Already installed the AMG/Brembo 6-piston caliper brake kit with 2-piece rotors front with the 4-piston caliper rear with braided SS brake lines with organic ceramic brake pads (front/rear).

Purchased the Pss9 kit several months and not installed yet. Any photos or information regarding your Pss9 installation is appreciated.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 PM

'05 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
Another question on power upgrade

Hi all. This is my first post, to a very interesting thread. I am interested in more power for my '05 55 Cab, but the thread trails off on power and turns into a brake rave. Anyway, I don't think I want to spend $16k for the SC. How much do you get out of the headers/ecu etc. route? Sounds expensive too! Does anyone have any experience with adding nitrous? My drag race buddy says he doesn't think it's a good idea but I'd like to know from first-hand experience. Are the stock pistons in the car forged or cast? Maybe I should just trade up to an SL55? That seems less expensive!
Thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by Blumey
Hi all. This is my first post, to a very interesting thread. I am interested in more power for my '05 55 Cab, but the thread trails off on power and turns into a brake rave. Anyway, I don't think I want to spend $16k for the SC. How much do you get out of the headers/ecu etc. route? Sounds expensive too! Does anyone have any experience with adding nitrous? My drag race buddy says he doesn't think it's a good idea but I'd like to know from first-hand experience. Are the stock pistons in the car forged or cast? Maybe I should just trade up to an SL55? That seems less expensive!
Thanks!
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...cu-thread.html

Andy
Old 03-15-2010, 07:28 PM

'05 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
More Power vs Cost

I think the S/C is very expensive, since I am a cheap *******! Has anyone played around with Nitrous? I can install a 100 HP shot for about $1000. Are our stock pistons forged? Anyone know if the motor can handle this, from experience? I'm ready to try it, sounds like fun!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Do not do nitrous, you are just asking for trouble. It may appear cheap at first but all it takes is for one mishap and your "savings" will turn into a very expensive nightmare. There is plenty of power to be had on the CLK55s by tuning them in naturally aspirated form.

Hope that helps
~AMS~
Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
I also agree... the CLK55 AMG brakes are extreme overkill. The only thing you may need to do is upgrade pads and lines/fluid ... other then that, keep them stock. BBK is even more overkill & waste of money on these cars. If you aren't still getting the braking power you need with those mods mentioned, then its not your brakes that are the problem ... its your tires. I don't care how amazing your brakes are, if you are cheap & your tires suck, your braking will suck. Investing in a good set of amazing tires (like a dunlap direzza Z1s or etc) is far more beneficial than trying to waste lots of money on brakes.

2 cents...

Last edited by AMS Performance; 03-15-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 PM

'05 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
Thanks for the advice on the nitrous, it's very inviting but I know it's a bomb waiting to explode. So, headers (short), hi flow fuel, ecu, does that do it? How much and what can I expect? I'm ready to order!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Headers, pulley (both crank & accessory), high flow 2nd cats, ECU upgrade, and some small stuff like K&N airbox filters and will be putting down some serious power. With all those mentioned you will break into the low 400s HP/TQ @ crank.

Feel free to contact us via PM for the further details.

Thx,
~AMS~