CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Rookie w/ questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG
Rookie w/ questions

Hello All. I'm new and just purchased an 02 CLK55, 72k miles. I like it! One problem: Can't fully close the moon roof. When I pull down the air flap by hand, I can nurse it back--PITA. Is there an adjustment that can be made? 2nd: Custom wheels so hard to find. Don't want to mess with hub centric spacers-adaptors. The only 17"s I can find are Mandrus. 8" on all wheels. Fronts would stick out, rears would be narrower. I would go to a larger size but the car has $900 of new tires from previous owner. Any suggestions? Also, owned the car 3 days and already replaced crank sensor. Pixels out in the dash. Are these cars money pits? Thanks for any input!

Last edited by AMG & Vette; 05-07-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
go to tirerack.com for wheel and tire needs dealer for everything else, Good cars you will be very happy
Old 05-08-2010, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2002 CLK430
No, a W208 Mercedes-Benz isn't a money pit. However, if the maintenance has been skipped, or a hack doubling as a mechanic has made enough mistakes, it could be "made" into a money pit.

Regarding your sunroof, standing outside the car, on the driver's side door jamb, with the sunroof open, looking down at the hole in the roof where the sunroof would be if it were closed – you can see your sunroof rides on rails. There is one rail, with a slot down the center, on either side of the sunroof.

Looking toward the front of the rail that's closest to you, just to the outside of it (toward you), there is a guide. Make sure the front of that guide (toward the front of the car), is pushed inward, (away from you, toward the center of the car). The passenger side has a guide as well. Reach over and make sure the front of that guide is pulled inward (toward you, toward the center of the car). Attached are two pictures of the same thing from different angles. Now the sunroof should work fine.

Those guides pull the sunroof wind deflector down. If out of position, the sunroof hits something (the deflector?) and stops.