CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Any Members From Oregon here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2010 | 12:32 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
Any Members From Oregon here?

I am considering buying a CPO from MB Eugene and would love to find an Oregon forum member willing to check it out for me. The reason why....I live in Atlanta, GA. I know its a bit nutz but I am considering buying it sight unseen.

Anyone out there willing to test drive her for me? Please let me know if you are able to get to MB Eugene and report back to me.

Many Thanks!

MMM430
Old 06-20-2010 | 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
##

I would not buy another car sight unseen...... I bought 2.... one was a 2001 Z06 it came out OK,, the other a mustang which turned out to be a real POS.

There are too many of these cars for sale between Houston and Atlanta to go the unseen route IMHO.
Old 06-20-2010 | 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by betrezra
I would not buy another car sight unseen...... I bought 2.... one was a 2001 Z06 it came out OK,, the other a mustang which turned out to be a real POS.

There are too many of these cars for sale between Houston and Atlanta to go the unseen route IMHO.
Honestly that is my gut feeling too but the price is right, its at a MB shop and CPO. If I can get a forum member to check it out....I might just do it.
-MMM430
Old 06-20-2010 | 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
##

I bought my car CPO from a MB dealership in Houston.... and to be honest CPO doesn't mean a whole lot....... it's covered under warranty and that's about it....

They didn't do much of a check on this car when I got it...... I've been fixing little things here and there that you would expect a dealership to inspect/correct prior to resale.... if it is truely CPO (In my opinion)..... examples....... rear brake pads shot, trans needed service, trunk inner liner not snapped in.... (simple fix)..... hood insulation missing snaps not snapped in.... (simple fix)...... front suspension needed alot of work bushings replaced the week I got it (you could hear it squeak while driving..... obvious problem).. (fixed under warranty)...... but you would expect them to be on top of it if it was truely CPO> ...... they basically washed it and flipped it..... but it was a good deal. air filters were clogged with leaves and crap...... runs like a different car now... just with new air filters..... you'd think CPO would mean inspect the air filters... DOH!

Keep all of this in mind when you do the deal...... ALSO.... car fax does not necessarily p/u on small accidents/repairs if the owner paid cash to fix the problems..... and when they pay cash to jo blow shop they can use aftermarket parts, and do crap work....... better to go over this car with a fine tooth comb in person.

Good luck.... and get a good one.... I love mine.
Old 06-20-2010 | 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK430
The quality of the CPO is almost entirely dealer specific. Some dealers will reject certain cars and sell them as simply used (or ship them to the wholesaler), while others CPO every heap of junk they come across.

I bought a CPO (although I cheated, and was directed to a specific dealer by MBUSA). The car had brand new tires and brakes, had just been serviced, and was close to new condition.

In the OP's case, YMMV.

Wherever you buy, make sure to hit them up for all the extras.
Old 06-21-2010 | 12:36 PM

Thank You gentlemen!
Old 06-22-2010 | 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW and Mercedes
Originally Posted by MMM430
I am considering buying a CPO from MB Eugene and would love to find an Oregon forum member willing to check it out for me. The reason why....I live in Atlanta, GA. I know its a bit nutz but I am considering buying it sight unseen.

Anyone out there willing to test drive her for me? Please let me know if you are able to get to MB Eugene and report back to me.

Many Thanks!

MMM430
I probably won't bother them about a test drive, but I'd be glad to go in there and take a peek for you. I'm in town for the next week or so on leave visiting family. It's a good dealership I'd add; never had any problems with them or their service department when I was in college up there driving my 2 MB's.

Is it a CLK55 or CLK63 that you are looking at?