CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Top closes switch light remains on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet
Top closes switch light remains on

I just bought a 2001 CLK320 Cabriolet (W208) and have a problem with the top. The motor work ok and the cables were all replaced by the MB a few months ago.

It when it opens it is fine and the switch light goes out. When I put the top up it closes ok but the switch light remains illuminated (and if release the switch and push it again to try to get it to close the windows nothing happens). The top locks ok.

If I hit the button to down for a second (while the top is locked up) and then stop and push the button the wndows will close automatically, but the light remains on no matter.

I am assuming it is a mis-adjusted limit switch, but I have not been able to find a diagram to locate the switch or instructions to adjust them.

Any suggestions and does anyone have any documentation regarding the location and adjustment of the switches?

Thanks

Rich
Old 04-06-2011, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK55 Cabriolet (DEAD: 1989 300E, 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible)
Do you get the "ding" when it has finished going all the way up?

I had what sounds like a similar problem (it would not "click" into the slot on the trunk hood at the end of the cycle, so it wouldn't ding) and had to have the entire hood motor assembly replaced (under my extended warrantee, thank goodness).