CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CLK 63 BS VS other 63 models

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
CLK 63 BS VS other 63 models

I was wondering what the straight line performance is for the BS vs the E or CLS 63? I am considering a BS but dont do any track racing so if just pure speed is basically the same then I think I would rather have the back seats. I do realize that the BS brings so many other great things to the table than just power like the handling, great looks, and exclusivity but was just curious how it stacks up on the highway vs the others. Thanks for any info guys.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
See my listing of current and sold cars. The BS is the unquestionably the best AMG Merc has ever built. I've driven/owned all of the current AMG models and althought they are all great cars in their own right, they don't come close to a BS. Straight line performance compared to the others is awesome especially with ESC off. You fell like you're in a real race/track car and not an AMG modified production car (e.g. E63, C63, S63 etc.).

My recommendation, buy a BS, they are reasonably priced, they hold their value better than any other AMG, they are a true future collector (IMO, but shared by others), they are a thrill to drive (and track), and with routine care they are low/no maintenance. If you don't buy one, you'll always wish you had!

Last edited by LOVEMYBS; 04-12-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM

S550
Thanks for the info man. It is a really tough decision. I do absolutely love the BS.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 AM

'05 CLK55, '04 CLK320
Wrong section to ask for a comparison. You would get more info in the black series section. However, a cls63 is a bad comparison to a clk black series if you are just looking for the added back seats. The cls is a heavy vehicle and on the slower less nimble end of the 63 group. I would compare a black series to a c63 if you are looking for a car with 4 doors and back seats. The c63 coupe is coming out soon and I expect it to have similar performance to the black series with half the msrp price tag.

I would still rather the black series, its more of a collectors car if you are going to hold on to it and a true mercedes for the track out the 63 lineup. The c63 or cls63 would be the better choice for a daily driver. The black series is the ideal choice to put a big smile on your face on the weekends
Old 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
End of the day, if i had the funds, i'd be in a CLK BS. There was an AMG meet a month or so at the local MB dealer and the head of the AMG Performance Center around the country said hands down the CLK BS is the car you can drive and track. No need to put it on a trailer to get it to/from the track/raceway. You just drive it there, do your thing, and drive it home.