CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Bi Zenon Retro Fit on CLK 500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011 | 04:15 PM

CLK 500
Bi Zenon Retro Fit on CLK 500

I wanted to post this for guys having problems getting the Zenon to work when they swap it from Halogen to Zenon Conversion . I found this out so hopefully it helps someone else as well because I couldn't find anything on the internet to help me so after 2 weeks its working ...

I have a 04 CLK 500 Converted my lights to Zenon from a Used CLK with Bi Zenons... So I did the dealer thing to set it to Zenon Present .... Hmmm nothing worked, Went round and round in circles we tried everything possible from checking the bulbs to the ballast , It was the most simply solution to fix it and you don't have to take the bumper off completely , So here is what I did ...

There are 2 plugs for the Bi Zenon 1 plug will fit with your harness if you have a single harness
The other plug is just left alone
All you need to do is tap into the ground wire going to the Zenon Ballast and run the wire to to other side of the light on the high light side there is the ground wire and tap it into that and that's it all will work no fault codes and everything works perfectly , I actually soldier it in to be perfect and that's all it takes .....

So hopefully it helps everyone out there trying to convert their Non Zenons to Zenons......