CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

clk55 w208 tints problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 02:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
clk55 w208 tints problems

question for all the w208 clks55 owners with tints. originally, before i got tints, i got some advice via this forum. a few members instructed me that there was some rough sand-like material that the clk has in its window moldings that eventually scratch up the tints/window. i had told the guys who were putting the tints on about this, but they dismissed and said they had never heard of it and that they had been doing tints for a long time, so i acquiesced. it's been about a year and a half, and now scratches on my tints/windows are clearly visible, so i was just double-checking to see if the warnings that i got last year from other members were the actual result of this scratching, so i know what i am talking about when i contact the shop very soon. please get back to me asap. thanks so much for any help. (i'll attach a pic if anyone is curious to see how it looks.)
Old 07-14-2003, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that with all Mercedes there is a problem with window tint application. I myself have window tint on my Mercedes, and touch wood have no scratches yet. However, they are inevitable. This is mainly because of rollers in the windows. To put the tint on correctly, you have to change the rollers. This can sometimes cost a lot of money, and may not be worth it. However, be careful, and address this problem to the person or company tinting your windows.