CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Please Help, I have W209 Convertible and Roof wont open!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes clk 320
Please Help, I have W209 Convertible and Roof wont open!

Hi, I bought a CLK Convertible W209 last weekend. During the viewing, I saw the garage salesman open the roof. However ysterday when I tried, the windows went down, the roof disengaged from the window and then stopped.
There is a sound coming from the rear of the car, like a motor trying to operate but nothing is happening.
The control switch for operating the roof is flashing, slowly.
the headrests are down and I've checked the fluid and that is halfway between the max and min line.
Can anyone give me any ideas please?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 AM

2004 E320
The possible problem of the car is the relay. You can have it replaced to solve your problem.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
If a motor is running, you may have low fluid or a leak. Post on the regular W209 forum and more peolpe will see it. You are in the AMG forum, which yours is not.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Maviclk, I also have a CLK63 CAB, yes yidney it is a AMG. As far as your convertible issue, there is a possibilty that you have something in the trunk that is touching the pouch in which the roof goes into. When we purchased ours after placing a few cases of pop in the truck the roof would not go down. Good idea also is to raise the headrests in the back seat and lower them. Also lift and push the pouch in the trunk towards the back seat then pull it and lock it back into position. Hope this helps. Yidney I notice you do not have an AMG on your trunk, is it that hard to help a fellow MB owner no matter what model?? You seem to be in the wrong post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Originally Posted by Critter
Maviclk, I also have a CLK63 CAB, yes yidney it is a AMG. As far as your convertible issue, there is a possibilty that you have something in the trunk that is touching the pouch in which the roof goes into. When we purchased ours after placing a few cases of pop in the truck the roof would not go down. Good idea also is to raise the headrests in the back seat and lower them. Also lift and push the pouch in the trunk towards the back seat then pull it and lock it back into position. Hope this helps. Yidney I notice you do not have an AMG on your trunk, is it that hard to help a fellow MB owner no matter what model?? You seem to be in the wrong post
What in the world are you talking about? He/she has a 320, so I'm not sure what you mean that you "also have" a CLK63. But more importantly, I was helping. I sent him/her to the regular W209 forum because the traffic is so much higher there.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Apologize Yidney, my profile states "drives E63" so to avoid any confusion and to assist in verifying that I had some sort of knowledge of the platform, it was stated we, meaning my wife owns a CLK63 AMG CAB. Any way did any of the suggestions work, chances are the roof pouch has been moved. What is your opinion Yidney, if you had similar roof issues, what would you look at?
However ysterday when I tried, the windows went down, the roof disengaged from the window and then stopped.
There is a sound coming from the rear of the car, like a motor trying to operate but nothing is happening.
The control switch for operating the roof is flashing, slowly.
the headrests are down and I've checked the fluid and that is halfway between the max and min line."
Then he states-
Can anyone give me any ideas please?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
A slow blink is a malfunction like a trunk open or a wire problem.
Check the Hydraulic fluid as stated above
www.tophydraulicsinc.com and review the links it is a good resource for vertible fans like us.
Cheers 48, Gator
Old 05-06-2017, 01:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
n/a
deleted post
Old 08-21-2019, 08:05 PM

CLK63 AMG
Question 2007 CLK 63 AMG Convertable and Trunk opening problems

Hi all,

I have a 2007 CLK63 AMG that I love.

A month or so ago the trunk wouldn't open or close via the buttons or trunk latch.

We went on a trip and I left the car in the garage with the top down for about a month. We returned 3 days ago I took the CLK to run an errand and as luck would have it a Florida downpour came from nowhere. I pulled over to raise the top the display shows the top is in process but nothing happened except getting me and the interior drenched.

The trunk and top issues must be connected???

Does anyone have any idea what I should try?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2021, 03:40 AM

1999 E320
Hello Everyone,

I’m hopeful to revisit an old thread to help solve an issue with my convertible top.

The issue is a bit strange and the codes that pop up on my scanner are even weirder.

Here is everything that I know is weird about the car:
  • The drivers headrest will not stay down. When I release the seat to go forward, it will lower all the way. When the seat is back in its place the headrest goes all the way up.
  • The driver side rear window does not go all the way down, the regulator is bad. The window does go up and down when the top is activated but not fully down like the passenger side.

Top actuation:
  • when the button is clicked to open the top many things start to work
  • All the windows are lowered
  • The front lock is seemingly released
  • The rear window raises into a full vertical position
  • Deck lid cover pops back but does NOT raise to the vertical position
  • I think the front lock is locked again because the front of the top is not loose.
  • At this point the pump can be heard running for a few moments and nothing moves.
  • Error on the dash requesting service for the top.
  • Top will close normally from this position

Errors from my scanner:
  • B1611 the left headrest lowering remains in the switched status (contact stuck) or had short curt it to the battery.
  • B1621 the right headrest lowering remains in the switched status (contact stuck) or had short curt it to the battery.

Please see the attached reference photo, this is not my car but it does show what position the top stops in.

I attempted to operate the top manually and it seemed to work all the way.

​​​​​​​

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 CLK 55
Originally Posted by vladichik
Hello Everyone,

I’m hopeful to revisit an old thread to help solve an issue with my convertible top.

The issue is a bit strange and the codes that pop up on my scanner are even weirder.

Here is everything that I know is weird about the car:
  • The drivers headrest will not stay down. When I release the seat to go forward, it will lower all the way. When the seat is back in its place the headrest goes all the way up.
  • The driver side rear window does not go all the way down, the regulator is bad. The window does go up and down when the top is activated but not fully down like the passenger side.

Top actuation:
  • when the button is clicked to open the top many things start to work
  • All the windows are lowered
  • The front lock is seemingly released
  • The rear window raises into a full vertical position
  • Deck lid cover pops back but does NOT raise to the vertical position
  • I think the front lock is locked again because the front of the top is not loose.
  • At this point the pump can be heard running for a few moments and nothing moves.
  • Error on the dash requesting service for the top.
  • Top will close normally from this position

Errors from my scanner:
  • B1611 the left headrest lowering remains in the switched status (contact stuck) or had short curt it to the battery.
  • B1621 the right headrest lowering remains in the switched status (contact stuck) or had short curt it to the battery.

Please see the attached reference photo, this is not my car but it does show what position the top stops in.

I attempted to operate the top manually and it seemed to work all the way.

​​​​​​​

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Is it just me but does this guy have crazy eyes in this pic?